CHAPTER 3

The next day comes soon. I am sitting with Misha and Sara with the boys behind us. Today, I got close to Riya and Neha too. They both are the combination of Sweet and Salty.

"I will sleep if the teacher teaches it any deeper," whispers Misha, putting her head on the bench.

"I know right," I and Sara murmur back.

The boys behind us also hear the whine of us and Aarav being Aarav starts with his jokes.

"Guys, tell me, what do you call a fish without eyes?" He asks us.

When no one responded, he tells, "Fsh."

We stare at him just when the teacher turns around to write something on the board.

"What? It is a good joke," he states to which we shake our head.

"I know better than that joke," Misha says, turning towards me.

"Kia, I will make you say blue," she declares while everyone chuckles knowing what it is.

Everyone had been calling me Kia after Aarav declares that my name is Kia and not Kiara.

I nod at her as an answer.

"What is the colour of the sky?" she asks.

"Black."

"Hurray, I told you that I would make you say the colour Black,"

"But, you told me about making me say Blue."

"See. You told Blue," she celebrates while everyone chuckles.

"That was cheating," I inform her.

"I have tried before, Kia. She wouldn't budge," Jay tells me.

I pout but let it go.

Soon, the lecture ends, and the break comes.

We are sitting at the same table as yesterday when two girls come.

"Hi. I am Myra, and she is Susan," Myra smiles at me.

I smile at them both, "Hey, I am Kiara."

"We just come to introduce ourselves, see you afterwards," saying this, they both moves towards their table.

"They both seems nice," I start, looking at my friends.

"They only seem nice, but they are not," Misha tells me to which Sara nods.

"They are like a sweet knife," Aarav tells me. Jay also nods at that.

"Yeah," says Sara.

"She is the so-called Topper of our class," Aditiya chuckles.

"If you get one mark more than her than you will see her true side," says Misha.

"Well she is not topper of our class, Jay is, but she thinks she is the topper," blurts Aarav.

"Oh!" I mutter, shocked at discovering Jay is the topper.

We all open our lunchboxes.

Opening my lunchbox, I found Maggi in it.

And a group of six friends gathered around one tiffin box full of Maggi.

One fork failed as six hands took over and finished the tiffin in 0.09 nanosecond.

After finishing it, we all look at each other, then at now empty tiffin and laugh out loud while everyone gives us a weird look.

At that moment, I knew that I had found a true friend in Misha, Sara, Aarav, Aditya and Jay.