CHAPTER 32

"All the preparations are done?" Sneha teacher asks from beside me.

"Almost, now we will practice with our costumes," I answer, smiling at her.

"Great."

"But you have to go out ma'am. You can't see the practice. It will ruin our surprise," she sighs as I told her.

"I have to wait till tomorrow?" I nod at an answer.

"Ok then, I am in the staff room, if you need any help then call me. Ok?"

"Yes, ma'am."

I smile at her retreating figure. She is my favourite teacher, and not only mine but of almost everyone.

I smile as I see Jay and Adi heading towards me with the bags of three of us. But it immediately turns to frown when I notice who is walking beside Jay.

Avni.

What is she doing here? She is not in any of the dance performances.

She laughs along with Jay on something, making an unknown emotion pass through me.

I look at Adi to found him rolling his eyes with a scowl.

He locks his eyes with me and makes a dramatic eye roll gesturing towards Avni, making me smile.

"Here," Jay passes me my bag as the three of them stands in front of me.

I smile at him, taking the bag, "Thanks."

He waves his hand at that. I look at Avni as Adi and Jay engage in a talk and asks, "Are you volunteering?"

She shakes her head but didn't give me an answer. Rude.

I shrug and take out the small transparent bag which contains a saree and our costume.

"Are you going to wear saree?" Jay asks. His eyes, twinkling as he gestures to the transparent bag.

"Yeah. Sneha teacher wears saree na. Sanchi Di and I had told her to wear the same colour saree," I say, looking at the dark blue colour saree.

He nods with a small smile playing around his lips and stands beside me as Adi stand on the other side.

Avni is standing in front of us, eyeing the space between Jay and me, which seems somewhat less guessing form our arms brushing lightly against each other from time to time.

I feel the warm air near my ear as Jay whispers near it, "I am looking forward to seeing you in a saree."

I blush and looks ahead as he backs away to lean against the wall.

"Jay, what are you playing?" Avni asks him, putting her palm on his arms as she goes to stand beside him, making me feel those unknown emotions once again.

"Mr Hitler," he answers, looking at her and moves away as Gautam calls him to help.

"Oh, wow, great. And you Adi?"

"Huh," Adi looks at her, probably shocked as this is the first time she is asking him, "P.E Sir."

"Oh. But why you didn't get any important teacher role?" she asks, purposefully. I glare at her feeling Adi takes a sharp breath already knowing what she is trying to do.

He is getting triggered. I realize remembering one of the conversations we had had a few days before about his panic attacks.

I held his hand tightly and look at Avni, "Every teacher is important, and at least he got a role, unlike some other people."