CHAPTER 8

"Misha, sixteen wanza sixteen will come here," Aarav says to Misha while they both are working on a sum.

"Aarav, it's sixteen ones are sixteen," She corrects him to which he rolls his eyes.

"Whatever."

And they continue their bickering for the fourth time making us all sigh.

"Aarav and Misha, want to get out of the class?" Mam asks them.

They both bow down their hands and mutters, "No, Mam."

I laugh silently with others when they glare at each other.

They fight like siblings, sometimes.

"Journal is the primary book of keeping accounts," we get our attention back on the teacher when she starts explaining.

***

"Students, this is your free period. I can let you go to the ground, but I have a condition. I want you guys to behave."

The whole class cheers together and agree to her condition.

If only she knew that our class has impressive results when it comes to not following rules.

We all head to the ground, of course in a line.

Majority of students opted for playing cricket.

All of the boys agree while five girls, including me, Misha and Sara also decide to play with them.

Jay and another boy Kunal decided to forms the team.

Aditya, me and Misha are in Jay's team while Aarav and Sara have to go to Kunal's side.

After some discussion, Jay and Kunal decide that our team will bowl first.

We start playing, and they put up quite a good score for us.

Misha opens with Jay, but she gets out quickly. Same goes to our two other players then Aarav goes to play. On the other hand, Jay has already scored a fifty and now close to a century.

Aarav also scores well and tries to give the strike to Jay but goes out when we just needed 30 runs.

My batting comes, and I take the strike. After two balls, the strike comes to Jay.

Jay now only needs four runs for a century, and on this ball, he scores a six. Everyone from our team claps for him, including me.

"You sure do play well," I tell him when we talk between an over.

He winks at me, "You sure know how to give the strike to me."

I laugh at his comment, "Well, I don't want to get out."

He laughs and asks for a hi-fi, "Let's win this, partner."

I hi-fi him, "Yes, partner."

And at last, we won the match.

Jay pats my back after the match, "Well done, partner."

I smile and pat his back, "Great work, captain."

He smiles brightly at me, and we start walking back to our class.

***

Sara turns towards Aditya, "Bhai, after school, I am going with Aarav to see Naisha."

Naisha is the 5-year-old sister of Aarav.

Aditya nods and smiles at her, "Ok. I will inform Mummy."

And then turns towards Aarav, they both stares at each other for a while and then nods.