CHAPTER 36

"Monkey and Jay-Jay, you both still haven't completed Accounts books," I cross my arms and stand in front of them as everyone moves to go out of the class for lunch.

"Sorry, we were busy yesterday in practice, and then we were tired," they both lower their heads and mutters slowly.

"I know that you guys were busy in practice whole week, but you guys have to complete the books. I will help you today, but you have to do most of the work," I sigh and they both nod in answer.

"Thanks, Kiu," Jay gives me one of his amazing smiles which I return.

It has been two weeks since Teacher's day, and everything is going great between Jay and me.

We both talk to each other at night, mostly from 10 to 12. And try to spend as much time possible with each other.

But, we both make sure that we don't spend less time with Adi. We three still meet after school if we have time just like before.

"Hey guys," I hear a voice beside me, making me come out from my thought.

Avni.

I feel myself getting tense. I had not talked to Avni in these two weeks, although she had not glared at me even once or didn't try to do anything.

"I wanted to say sorry," She says, lowering her head, "it was wrong of me to say something like that on that day. And I am sorry about that."

I look at her, trying to digest the fact that she is apologizing. I never thought I would see this day. Ok, that was dramatic. I never thought that I would hear her apologize. Hmm, that was less dramatic.

"Please include Misha and me back in the group," she says and looks at us with pleading eyes.

Is it ok if I think that it was not genuine though she looks genuine?

I think it is because I don't trust the words. I always trust the vibes that people give me. And right now too, I am just not being able to come in terms with the vibe that Avni gives me.

Jay, Adi and I look at each other, not knowing what to do. It is not like we can say no to her face and say her to go away from here.

That means we have to say yes. Well, let do this one last time. It may be possible that Avni was sorry.

I clear my throat as Adi and Jay give me a nod, "Yeah, I mean, sure."

I mentally smack myself for not even being able to form a sentence.

"Ya, let's go now or the recess will get finished," Adi adds his hands in the pockets and moves ahead with Jay, me following behind with Avni.

"Huh, can Misha also join?" Avni asks loudly so that Jay and Adi also hear.

"Yeah sure," Adi replies as Jay, and I nod along.

"Thanks, I will join you guys on the table with Misha," she says and smiles at us before going to the opposite side.

"Miracle?" Adi turns towards Jay and me, raising his eyebrows.

"Time will tell," I mutter and move to our table where Aarav and Sara are talking with each other.

"Heyya peoples, what is the news?" I ask and sit on my usual seat between Adi and Jay.

"I think our P.E lecture will not be in the ground or most likely would get cancelled," Aarav says with a mouth full of Aloo-Paratha.

"Huh. The rain is too heavy today," Jay points out and takes my half sandwich.

I love the rainy season, but sometimes it makes me, unlike it, like today, when we can't have our P.E lecture because the ground is getting a shower.