INSIDE JAY'S MIND {PART ONE}

"Don't say that to my Mumma, but you make the most awesome Chole-Bhature in the world," Kiu compliments mom while savouring the dish making Mom smile at her.

I shake my head at her love for food. Sometimes, I think that she likes food more than anyone, even me.

I look at her as Mom passes her salad which Kiu shyly takes in her plate.

Scratch that part which I said before, she definitely likes the food more than me.

"Oh, don't worry, it would be our secret," Mom replies, excitedly as she sits besides Kiu, not even giving a glance towards me.

I roll my eyes, knowing very well why she is too excited.

I still remember that day before Teacher's day when I had come late at home. It was the same day when I had put Kiu and my image on the lock screen.

She has not seen that thankfully, but it was my worry of finding a blue saree for Kiu that I think gave her a hint that I might have a crush on her.

Though she has not told me that she has her suspicion regarding Kiu and me, her actions say otherwise considering Mom never pampers Sara, Misha and Avni this much when they come like she does Kiu.

"It was so tasty. I wish I had more space in my tummy to fit one more Bhatura," Kiu says as she drinks the water.

Let's wish that I will not get jealous of food in the upcoming days.

"I am going to take a nap. If you guys need anything, wake me-" Mom starts but got stopped by Kiu.

"If we want something, we will find it by ourself. You go and take rest. Don't worry about us. I seriously don't know how you moms get up in the morning and make big feasts," Kiu says, making Mom smile at her.

"You will not understand now," she pats Kiu's face and goes to her room.

"Hmm, you want to take a nap?" I ask Kiu as we both settle on the bed of my room.

"Nah! You go ahead if you want to," she replies as leans against the headboard and put her pony into a bun or whatever it's called.

How did she look gorgeous, even when she is doing nothing?

"I don't want to take a nap. But will rest for a while, after that, we will work on Accounts when Adi comes, ok?" I say, and she nods as an answer.

I lay down beside where she is sitting and look at her who is scrunching her nose as she skips the channels to find something to watch.

I feel my phone ping, notifying of a newly arrived text.

Adi
Will be there after two hours.
Have to run some errands for Mummy.

Me
Ok, no problem.

"Adi will come after two hours," I tell Kiu who has finally settled on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasma.

"Ok, what do we do now?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows looking more beautiful.

"Hmm, let's watch some TV and rest then we can play video games," I suggest to which she nods and looks at the TV.

I move close to her and close my eyes to relax.

After some time, I feel a hand stroking my hair.

I smile, internally knowing that she thinks that I was asleep.