6. Camryn

"You've been in your head a lot lately," Gemma commented sipping on her tea across from me

"Sorry, it's nothing, so how did it go with Michael?"

"Well, I haven't asked yet. I plan on it tonight. I'm making us dinner and I bought a small cake with the words 'move in?' and I'm hoping he likes it and says yes."

"I don't see why he won't, he's obsessed with you in the best way and you've been together almost 3 years so it seems natural at this point," I did my best to reassure her which she gave an appreciative smile back.

"Thanks, Cammy. How has work been?"

"Good, been having a lot of really good manuscripts lately which is nice, I finished six this week and I'll probably start working on next weeks."

"6?! You work too much, take a break. You're already ahead by 1 for next week and I know you read fast. Maybe you could take a mini holiday? Go to France or Wales for a few days?" She suggested shrugging her shoulders.

"I enjoy reading, besides I'm going to Wales next month, why go twice?"

"I suppose, maybe you'll meet a rugby player? They walk around Cardiff a lot I'm told," she smirked sending me a wink.

"Nah, I'm more of a football fan. Which I won't be advertising while I'm there. We all know how the Welsh are with their sports," I laughed drinking more of my tea.

"That is true, They have a really cool cafe called 200 Degrees in the town centre you could check out, I hear the coffee is amazing," she beamed.

She did her research on Cardiff coffee shops. She knows how much I love coffee although I mainly drink tea, it isn't good for my anxiety so I only have it as a treat. These were the moments I loved Gemma most. When she showed she cared in the little things.

"That sounds perfect, I'll put them in my diary."

She stayed with me at Barkers for a little while longer before she had to leave to pick up the cake from Tescos.

I finished another manuscript and then stopped for the week. It was already Friday which meant I'd be done by Wednesday next week for that week since I only had three more manuscripts to read.

I was slightly worried about Harry and hoped we'd run into each other again. I could only imagine how stressful this week has been and I hoped his OCD and anxiety wasn't too much.

I did more research last night and learned that there are good ways to not overwhelm yourself by setting alarms, little goals, and taking more frequent breaks. It didn't seem to me that Harry was well versed in doing this. He seemed like the type to work until it completely overwhelmed him and he had a breakdown. This made me nervous.

I mean I didn't handle my own anxiety in the best way but I was better at helping others than myself.

Walking back to my apartment Harry was waiting outside my door looking visibly tired.

"Hi, I wanted to know if you wanted to go for drinks tonight? Same place, same attire," he smiled tiredly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, David may join us if that's okay. I was going to take a nap until 8 and then be here for 9?"

"Sure, I'd love to. Get some rest, okay?"

"See you tonight, bye."

I muttered a similar response watching him go into his apartment before I went into mine. I put my work away and decided to take a hot bath.

The water soothed my muscles and I felt a lot more at peace. I was still worried about Harry, he didn't look okay. Hopefully he'd have a nice nap and feel better and this week was over which meant the long hours are done.

After my bath I changed into leggings and a black v-neck shirt and put my converse by the door. I retouched up my makeup just a little and put my hair in a messy bun. I noticed I wore it more that way after work ever since Harry said he liked it in case we ran into each other in the hallway.

It was odd to me that I cared but it seems I did, so that is another thing I'd need to talk to Moira about.

Harry knocked on my door at precisely 9 PM dressed in black joggers and a t-shirt and a beanie. He looked very cuddly. I smiled and locked my apartment before we made our way to the pub and sat the same way as before. David was already at the table waiting and Harry went get drinks.

"Does he know how we met?" David asked when Harry left.

"What?"

"At the therapist office? Does he know?"

"Um, no," I said growing more nervous.

"Why?"

"I'm just private, I don't talk much about myself," I shrugged hoping this conversation would end.

"Okay, that's not my business but between us," he said looking at Harry at the bar then me. "He likes you a lot, just saying. It's cool that your private just don't hurt him, he's my best friend and I love him."

"I won't," I said blushing slightly and giving him a genuine smile. I looked to Harry to see him already looking at me and smiled.

I didn't know if I liked Harry. We were friends I guess and that's all I could give right now so that would have to be enough. Harry somehow wormed his way into my life and I wasn't mad about it anymore but I also didn't know what to do with it.

He brought back shots to the table and I was a little surprised but didn't say anything, I think this was a really rough week so if he wanted to down... 7 shots in 30 minutes I wouldn't judge. I did remain only a little tipsy though because I wanted us to get home safe.

David left again at some point in the night sending Harry a text and leaving me to wrap my arm around his back and we stumbled back home.

"You're very pretty," he hiccuped and then laughed making me laugh too.

"You're very drunk."

"Indeed I am, but you're still pretty."

"Keys?" I asked trying to ignore the blush on my cheeks.

"Taking me to bed already, Camryn," he gasped making himself laugh again.

I liked how flirty he was when he was drunk.

"Im going to grab your keys in your pockets," I said waiting for him to protest but he didn't. He giggles as I get his keys making me stifle a laugh at him.

"Feeling me up already," he blushed.

"Let's get you to bed."

He led us, albeit through slow and stumbled movements, to his room. I helped take his shoes off and cover him with the blankets.

"I think I really like you, and I know you won't say it because you're so closed off but I think you like me too, you show me care," he smiled closing his eyes.

"I'm going to lock the door as I leave, goodnight, Harry."

"Goodnight, Camryn."

I took this time as I heard light snores to notice his room was spotless and everything was in order. I didn't want to snoop although I was curious. I made my way back to the front door moving the lock and then closing the door softly. I checked to make sure it was locked and then went to my own apartment where I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and snuggled into bed.

I could only hope he didn't remember his confession of feelings because I'm not ready to have that talk yet.

I tossed and turned until I finally found sleep in the early hours of the morning.

Peace [HS AU]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara