41. Harry

Clarification incase there is confusion:
Cam & Harry have literally spent almost every night together since they started dating. like maybe one or two nights they weren't together and they always switched btw their apartments.
officially they have been living together since Dec. 22 and it's about January 9th at this point.
okay, continue reading

My mum decided to come visit on the weekend after my first week at work

It was amazing. Edan was such a good business partner and boss although she despised if I referred to her as that. She said we were equals. I was working with a small craft pizza shop a few blocks away and I took Cam to eat there. The pizza really was amazing.

Their bookkeeping however was a nightmare. If they were to be audited they'd be fucked. So I had been creating a system for them to better take care of their money and record their income. I was loving it. I got to know Sal and Sandy, the elderly owners who were still flirty and touchy even in their 70s.

I wondered if that's how Cam and I would be.

I was planning to propose soon and I also knew her lease coming up in a few months. With the proposal and talking about having kids I wanted us to buy a house rather than renting so we'd be more prepared and it made more sense than pouring money into something that we'd have to leave when we could be pouring money into something we'd own. I figI's start looking just to see what was on the market.

So, I was bringing my mum with me to look at open houses because I figured having an actual adult would help and I wanted to talk to her... I hadn't been calling as much and there was so much I wanted to tell her.

We were looking at the second house when she asked me about Cam and what our plans are.

"I love her mum, I think I'll propose soon. I mean I really want to and I know we're at a good place. We talked about having kids and I'm just so happy. She's absolutely everything to me and I can't imagine not spending the rest of my life with her."

My mum smiled as we stood in the back garden of this house and the realtor had stepped away to let us look.

"She's amazing, Harry. I love her very much and am so happy that it's her you get to spend forever with. I feel very much like she is who you were meant to be with. As a mum I want the best for my babies and I've never felt more sure of someone than I feel about Cam. Does this mean I get grand babies soon?" She teased making me laugh.

"Well, we didn't talk about a time frame but I'm sure having a house and being married first is important to both of us. We aren't really the traditional type but we like stability so I think being on the same page and being married would come first for us. Maybe another two or so years."