25. David

Daniel and I were on a break and Harry was with Camryn

I wasn't jealous, I had a feeling something was going on with her mental health so it wasn't my place to interfere and I was actually glad Camryn has Harry right now.

But, he did call me late last night. Which normally I'd be pissed about. I need at least 8 hours of sleep to function and he knows that. So when my phone woke me up at midnight and I had to be up at 6 for my job I knew something was wrong.

"Harry? Are you okay?"

"No," his voice was soft and broken. "I'm so worried that I'm messing up. I'm really trying to be supportive and show her I'm here and I care and we had a really big moment of opening up and I just don't know. Is this right? I'm not doubting our relationship, I like Camryn, I just feel a little lost. I don't want to say the wrong thing or something. And make what she's going through worse." He sounded stressed and... scared? "My office is a mess," he said softly and I knew what this meant.

'My office is a mess' is code for 'I'm losing control.' Which means work is stressing him out. If his office is a mess then it literally is a mess which means his OCD is starting to really bother him.

"They keep putting things on my desk and I have an order to everything. The red files go in the red bin. The blue in the blue and they never put them where they need to go. Are they just fucking dumb?! The paper is never stapled correctly. Today, someone literally folded the corner of the paper. What. The. Fuck. David, I almost lost my tempter at work with my assistant. My skin felt like it was crawling."

"Are you doing those exercises?"

"They don't always calm me down. Sometimes they only make me more furious," His stressed tone was more of annoyance now and I really felt for him.

"Okay, breathe in," I said breathing in so he'd hear me. When I heard him finally breathe in I exhaled, "Breathe out." He did. "Okay, tomorrow if something happens tell me what you have to do to calm yourself and gain control again."

"I have to take 7 deep breathes. Count to 70. Tap my right index finger 7 times on my desk. And lastly I take 7 more deep breathes."

"And why 7?"

"Because it's my favorite number and it relaxes my brain."

"Okay, you can do this Harry. Tomorrow, you need to choose to do this. Do it 7 times, the whole thing, if you think it will help you."

"Okay, thank you, David."

"Of course, now I'm sure your at Camryn's so get back in bad and hold her close. Talk soon, yeah?"

"Talk soon, goodnight."

"Night!"

I tried to go back to bed a few minutes after the phone call but I was worried. If he was calling me it means he was keeping it from Camryn. Don't get me wrong he can always talk to me but our friendship was shifting as he was starting to share more with her and that's a good thing. Camryn should be who he talks to about this. But, I knew he hadn't told her because I could clearly hear in his voice he had been waiting to call me.