46. Camryn

Waking up almost felt weird because I knew today could change everything if I am pregnant

Waking up almost felt weird because I knew today could change everything if I am pregnant. Harry brought us for breakfast at Barkers and we kept the talk on normal things, our work, possibly going on a vacation in the summer. He told me how Michael is planning to propose to Gemma and I was so excited for her.

I think he was trying to distract me... and himself.

Waiting in the chairs at the GP office made everything seem more real. I was so anxious just waiting, I needed an answer.

Part of me loves the idea of being pregnant.

Part of me doesn't want a kid right now.

I know that no matter what I'll have Harry by my side and we'll figure everything out together. I really did get so lucky with him.

He's exactly who I need and want.

"Camryn Summers."

I looked up to see the nurse waiting and Harry and I stood together and walked to the room.

"So, you're wanting to find out if your pregnant?"

I nodded and sat down on the examination bed and she walked me through the steps of what she was going to do. It seemed simple but these simple steps were about to change everything.

I was laid down and Harry was stood beside me grasping my hand tightly, or maybe I was grasping his hand.

She lifted my shirt and did an ultrasound and I just stared at the screen in anticipation. I tried to make sense of whatever I was seeing but it was useless. I was no good at medical things. All my binge watching Grey's anatomy didn't pay off.

"Hmm.. Well, you aren't pregnant," Harry and I both exhaled in relief as the nurse continued, "I'm just going to get the doctor for a second opinion," she smiled and left the room.

I was a little confused... If I wasn't pregnant then why did she need a second opinion?

"Is it bad to say I'm a little relieved?" Harry said softly.

"Definitely not, I am too. I mean... we definitely aren't ready right now but I know we would have made ourselves ready. I'm happy to be able to be selfish with you a few more years."

The door opened and I saw the same nurse and a doctor walk in. They both smiled and stood next to us.

"Hi, Ms. Summers. I'm doctor Levi and I'm just going to take a look at this ultrasound, okay?"

I nodded and gripped Harry's hand again.

"You came in because of a pregnancy scare, right?"

"Yes, I took two tests and one was positive and one was negative."

"I see, those tests can be tricky. Well, you are not pregnant Ms. Summers, but what I am seeing is some scarring on your uterus. Have you had surgery before?"