35. Harry

I talked to my boss

I talked to my boss. After a lot of anxiety attacks and being calmed down by Cammy over the phone and eventually, I knocked on his door.

I knew I was making the right decision. But, that didn't make it any less scary. Cam assured me that it was okay I was nervous... Leaving your job after 6 years is a lot, especially in my position. But, with Christmas in a few days and Cammy agreeing to come with me to Manchester I knew this is what I needed to do. I needed to do something for me.

"Harry! What a surprise, please sit down."

My nerves were back and I felt like I was going to throw up.

I love you so much and I am so proud of you, baby!

I remembered Cam's text and gained to confidence to tell my boss I was leaving. I didn't go into detail, I just shared that I want to move in a different direction. I appreciated my years here as a department lead but this chapter in my life was over.

I knew my boss was a bit of an arse but I didn't expect him to send me home early after I cleaned out my desk. He didn't even want me to finish my reports. I didn't want to leave on bad terms but I knew there was nothing I could do right now other than leave.

The thought of him being mad at me didn't cause my anxiety to soar like it normally would have. Camryn was helping me see that doing things for me should be something I'm confident in. She's helping me see that I can be confident in my wants and desires and that if I'm unhappy I have to change that.

She's changed me in so many ways. When I think about the future and the fact that I am now jobless I'm not scared because I see Camryn. She's always in my future. Walking home with my box of things I drop everything off at the store and call David and Gemma.

"Hey, I need your help."

They were quick to meet me at the location I sent them and when I spotted them outside I noticed their shocked expressions.

"Are you sure about this?"

"I hope you aren't doing this on Christmas."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Look, I'm just looking. If I see the ring then I will buy it, I'm not proposing on Christmas. It honestly will probably be in a few months from now, I want to ask her to move into a place together first. I just... I see her in my future and it's the only thing I'm sure of so I just want to look."

I guess subconsciously I had been thinking of proposing for about a week. Ever since we said I love you I've been thinking about it. I love her so much and if she wants me forever then it will be the biggest honor of my life.

We walked into the shop and began looking at the rings on display. They were all very gorgeous but none of them spoke to me. I read on a Cosmopolitan article that you'll know when it's the ring so I was holding out on that feeling. Gemma would be able to help me since she knows Cam so well, and I just needed David here because he's my best friend and I wouldn't want to shop for a ring with anyone else.