23. Camryn

The next day Harry took me to see Moira when I woke up

The next day Harry took me to see Moira when I woke up. I didn't have an appointment but I know Friday's are her slow days. He called in sick to work and we walked to her office.

We didn't talk much about the night before and I was thankful. I'd relive it when I spoke with Moira and that was enough for now.

Part of me felt different today. I felt lighter. I wasn't planning on telling Harry but when he told me his secret I knew I could trust him with mine no matter how scared I was.

Fuck, when he told me about the sleeping pills my heart hammered in my chest because it was exactly what I did. The fact that he had to carry that burden alone because he felt shame hurt me. Harry's not the type of person you want experiencing pain. He's too pure for that.

We both seemed unsure of where we stood right now. We were still together but it felt like we had some walls built up after everything that happened despite our vulnerability. It was all physical, I didn't know if I could just hold his hand or hug him. Last night I tried to tell him with my eyes to touch me in some way, not sexually, just hand holding or pull me into him. I needed to physically feel him. He was nervous I think so he grabbed my hand and that was enough to help settle my racing heart.

When I woke up this morning we were still holding hands but besides that nothing. No kiss or hug or anymore hand holding. Neither of us made any type of move to do so.

I almost didn't know if I was allowed to?

I'm sure the last thing he wants is to touch you.

And the voice is back, I'm trying ignore my own thoughts.

We obviously still had a lot of talking to do and a long road ahead of us but we both wanted to make this work.

When we walked into the lobby of the building I talked to Emily and she assured me Moira had a free spot and she'd come get me when she was ready.

We sat there in silence and I looked around the room and then heard my name.

"Cammy, what a lovely surprise," Moira smiled. "You can come back," She said beginning to walk to her office.

I stood and noticed Harry still sitting in the chair.

"Would you... Um, do you... I'd like you to be with me," I shyly spoke looking down but facing towards him.

"Are you sure?" I looked up to meet his gaze and saw his surprised facial expression.

"Yes."

He stood up and followed me to Moira's office.

"Moira this is Harry, Harry this is Moira. Can he stay with me?"

I didn't miss the small smile and raised eyebrows as she nodded in agreement.

"Of course, it's lovely to meet you Harry."