38. Harry & Camryn

Yesterday was hard

Yesterday was hard. I wasn't expecting to miss my dad as much as I was but the way Camryn made me feel okay about missing him helped more than she realized.

"My last girlfriend, the one who cheated, always made me feel like shit for missing my dad. She'd tell me it was time to move on and get over it... Thank you," I told Camryn while my head laid on her chest and she moved her fingers through my hair.

We'd woken up and brushed our teeth and just decided to lay down. It was about 6 when we woke up and we were still tired but we couldn't go back to sleep.

"Don't thank me for that Harry, it's normal. You wouldn't apologize for breathing so don't apologize for missing him. Everything I've heard about him makes me love him and love how he raised you. He raised you into exactly the person I need and want and I will forever be thankful to him for that."

Camryn always knew exactly what to say to me.

I lifted my head and placed a kissed on her lips making us both smile.

"Merry Christmas, darling."

"Merry Christmas, baby," she said placing another kiss on my lips.

Gemma burst into the room making me groan and rest my head in Cam's neck.

"Merry Christmas, Gem," Cam said running her fingers through my hair.

"Merry Christmas, Cam and Harry! Sorry to interrupt your morning sexual escapades," she said making Cam laugh and I give her my middle finger. "But, we have presents to open and mum is making blueberry pancakes."

"Blueberry pancakes?" I asked finally looking up.

"Yep! Let's go!"

Gemma left and Cam and I got dressed into comfortable clothes. She wore leggings and one of my jumpers while I put on sweatpants and the t-shirt of mine she wore last night— it kind of smelt like her and it was comforting to me.

"You're obsessed with blueberries," she mused with a laugh.

"My mum's blueberry pancakes will make you obsessed with blueberries."

I pulled her with me down the stairs and breakfast was amazing. My mum always out did herself with her cooking.

"You're right," she said stealing a blueberry off of my plate. "I am obsessed with these now."

It was nice seeing Cam being herself around my mum. She already knew Gemma so that was easy. She was casually talking and joking.

My mum was very fond of her, I could see it in her eyes. She loves Camryn.

We made our way to the living room and everyone sat on the couch. I pulled Cam to sit on my lap making her laugh when I grabbed her face and pulled her in for a kiss.