36. Camryn

This is probably one of my fav chapters. :)

I should have known that I wouldn't be able to find a gift for Harry this close to Christmas

I should have known that I wouldn't be able to find a gift for Harry this close to Christmas. I didn't even know where to start or what to get him.

Gemma and David were trying to help me and nothing seemed right.

I thought about a sweater but that was lame. I mean, this was our first Christmas together.

"What about... a gift card?" Gemma asked making me groan.

"Gemma," I said with a straight face.

"I'm sorry! It's just.. we've looked everywhere!"

"Ugh! I'm an awful girlfriend and he's got something so thought out for me and I have nothing!"

"Okay, look, you're going to find something," David butted in grabbing my shoulders. "We just need a new store, let's go."

We walked into five different stores and I found nothing.

"Okay, you keep looking at clothes and maybe that's not what you should give him... Let's go in here," Gemma said and brought me into a small book store.

I scanned the shelves not sure what I could find here and then there it was.

As soon as I saw it I knew this was it. And, it helped me piece together a whole gift idea. I immediately walked towards the brown journal and held it in my hands. It was perfect.

The pages were like homemade paper, a bit rough and not smooth

The pages were like homemade paper, a bit rough and not smooth. But, it was the texture of the pages that made me fall in love with it more— it reminded me of us.

We're not perfect and we have our own uneven indentions (our mental battles) but we're together and even in the imperfections we made a strong connection just how the paper was strong.

Maybe I was thinking too much into it but it was perfect.

I made my way to the check out and purchased the journal. I was going to write some notes in it for him later before I went home.