13. Harry

Getting ready for Gemma's was nice

Getting ready for Gemma's was nice. I was happy she found someone like Michael. Gemma has always been very assertive and knows what she wants. I was happy for her.

I told her I'd bring dessert but of course I had forgotten so I didn't actually bake anything. I stopped at Tesco's and grabbed a cake. It was chocolate, her favorite. Hopefully that would make up for my lack of thoughtfulness.

She seemed excited on the phone when she told me she had a friend coming.

She actually has had this friend for a while but I know nothing about her. Never met her, it was sort of like the one thing about Gemma that was a mystery to me.

We were always close, she is a few years older than me and we both moved here from Manchester at the same time. We kind of explored London together, found our favorite spots, things like that.

But, she didn't know where I lived. Which is a bit odd but I guess I've always just come to her house. She knows I live about 20 minutes away but that's it.

David loves Gemma. Probably more than me, that's understandable. David seems to gravitate towards everyone. Everyone likes him and I think that's because they are mainly shocked by his words. I mean, I was shocked the first time I met him. I was also very amused.

But, that's David for you.

He was coming with me to this dinner. I was already going to invite him but Gemma beat me to it. She told me it had to be a small gathering. Her friend was a nervous person who didn't do good with new people so she didn't want to overwhelm her. I asked her if she warned her friend about David but she assured me it would be fine.

It's not that I felt that people needed a warning about David but I guess I always worried that someone would take him the wrong way and judge him. Despite how outspoken he is, David is a very sensitive guy and I don't want anyone thinking he's something he's not.

He's caring, loyal, outspoken, and the best fucking friend anyone would be lucky to have.

I obviously felt very protective of him as I should, he's amazing.

We were also running late because of David. He isn't someone you count on for punctuality. I, on the other hand, can't stand being late. It makes me anxious.

I know we're just going to Gemma's but still, I like being places on time.

C'mon, David.

Finally, he opened the car door and gave me a look. "I'm sorry, Daniel and I got in a fight."

I was shocked, everything was perfect yesterday.

"About what?"

"He wants me to meet his friends and I said it was too soon. Now he thinks I want to end whatever we're doing. He just doesn't understand that I'm not ready for that."

"Do you think maybe him wanting you to meet his friends is his way of trying to invite you into his world? He didn't ask to meet your friends. I think he knows that is too soon for you, but he wants you to meet his. I think he's just trying to show you he wants to be committed."

When I looked over at David he was frowning and I knew he was thinking about what I said.

"I didn't think about it that way, obviously. I just freaked out. Maybe I'm not ready for that either. We've only been hanging out and going on dates for three months."

"That can be a long time for some people, maybe he feels that it's natural and organic for you to meet his friends right now. Three months is kind of serious to just be calling what you two are, hanging out."

"Well, we already had the fight so I'll talk to him tomorrow when I've processed this more. When did you become the expert on relationship advice?"

I laughed and shook my head, "I'm observant, and not a complete idiot. Besides, I think Daniel is a good guy for you. I have a feeling about him," I smirked earning a light push on my shoulder.

"You can't use my own ways against me."

I shrugged and soon enough we were in front of Gemma's place.

I knocked on the door and Gemma had a bright smile. I was shocked when I saw Camryn though, talking to Michael.

Wait a minute.

This was Gemma's friend?

***
hiiii loves

just wanted to say thank you for reading and if you want to connect with me on twitter my username is @ sogxldyn and I'd love to chat with anyone. I just made the account not too long ago :)

okay

kisses and hugs for everyone
byeeeeeee