21. Camryn

TW:
mentions of attempted suicide, self harm, etc.

Two weeks passed and this was one of those really low days

Two weeks passed and this was one of those really low days. Harry came back for lunch, like he's done everyday but today I didn't want to eat. Of course he made me eat something so we shared some pasta. I ate two bites which he celebrated, "two is better than one," he gloated kissing my cheek. He got my medicine ready for me and made sure I took it before I ate.

Over the past two weeks I've been bathing in self-loathing. I hated everything about myself and was convinced Harry did too.

Moira was disappointed in me. She didn't say it but I could feel it. She also understood this was just my brain. She tried to have me think of one thing I love about myself and keep telling myself that thing to help me.

But I didn't love anything about me.

I wasn't lovable. That's what I've been told my whole life. The one person who told me they loved me was lying, I was sure of it. There was nothing about me that could another person could love.

When Harry was here part of me felt like a small child being taken care of and I hated it. It wasn't his fault, I am acting like a child. I hated feeling helpless. I hate myself.

I am a burden and so worthless, I can't even take care of myself. I keep thinking maybe things will get better but I know they won't. I'll always be this sad excuse of a human who's own family decided she was too much of burden and disowned her.

Part of me understands. I'm not worth it. I did terrible things and on top of that I'm plagued with a broken brain. Everything that happened back home was my fault. If I would just get over my depression then no one would have gotten killed. It's my fault I can't handle my brain.

I'm so selfish. I couldn't bring myself to get off the fucking couch and now she's dead. She's gone and everyone hates me. I hate me. She was an absolute ray of fucking sunshine and I took her away.

My head is screaming at me to just end it. I can't stop thinking about that night and even in my sleep I dream of what happened. I can still remember everything— every detail.

I can still smell the mahogany candle burning. The couch was plush and so soft as I laid there with light music playing in the background, I can still remember just staring at the flame from the candle while I laid on the couch. She was coming check on me because I hadn't gone to see her in a few days. She wanted to make sure I was okay. The roads were slippery and she needed new tires. She was 3 minutes from my apartment when she hydroplaned and flipped three times.

She was brain dead at the scene.

If I had just gotten up. If I had just went see her then she'd still be here. She'd still be radiating warmth onto everyone around her. I was such a fuck up who killed the one person everyone loved. Now they hate me.