5. Harry

I kept the promise I made Camryn and only worked one other hour after I left her house on Tuesday

I kept the promise I made Camryn and only worked one other hour after I left her house on Tuesday. I surprisingly got a lot done and on Wednesday I was able to actually have a clear head and get more done.

The meeting on Thursday of course took all day and I had to present my findings to the board and then finish the rest of the reports.

David brought me lunch on Thursday which was nice because I hadn't eaten Wednesday night and I certainly didn't have breakfast on Thursday.

"So, she helped you. On Tuesday? She eased your anxiety and set an alarm for you? She also called you out on your bosses abusive shit. Call me wrong but she's perfect for you. I don't know any of your past girlfriends who did this. In fact I'm pretty sure your last girlfriend told you to 'Get over yourself because they're is worst things you could be doing. Your anxiety isn't even that bad, just an excuse,'" he said in air quotes with a look of disgust on his face. "Which is also improper English, by the way. I'm just saying, Camryn is a keeper."

"Okay, you're getting so invested in this and we're just friends," I rolled my eyes trying not to overthink what I was feeling.

Of course I liked Camryn. I hadn't ever had someone like that, that I liked, talk to me the way she did. She sounded genuinely upset about the issue with my boss and I noticed she researched about anxiety and OCD. She had left for just a moment and her screen was facing me, sort of. So I looked over. She was actually trying to help me.

When I told David he nearly freaked out. He was so shocked by this and actually wanted to call her and talk to her. I don't have her number which meant he couldn't steal it from my phone.

Lucky me.

Although having her number would be a good idea. I could send her encouraging texts some days. And I was sure any message from her would ease my anxiety.

I was getting way too fucking whipped thinking about her. I needed a moment just to think, by myself. David was only feeding into my unhealthy obsession of thinking about her.

"I think, we should go for drinks Friday night. She obviously is into you and we know you need some drinks after this fucking week. Maybe I won't even come, it can be like a date," he smirked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Not a date. It's way too soon for that, maybe next week," I shrugged shocking myself with my answer.

"Ha! I told you you like her, I personally approve. I know you know this but I'll keep saying it until you finally fucking get over yourself and do something about it."

"Yeah, yeah. My lunch break is over, so thank you for the food but I need to finish these reports."

He nodded and left me to my work.

I really needed to figure out what the fuck I was thinking and feeling.

Obviously I fucking liked Camryn. Maybe this is my problem, as soon as one person does something nice for me I get too wrapped up in them. I don't want the first person to show me care to get all my attention, that's not healthy but with Camryn I just liked it.

Everything feels natural with her. I like the way she subtly shows she cares by creating timers for me. And I like subtly trying to get to know her by asking about her work. She's very closed off and those brief moments I get to know her a little better because she let's her guard down, I find myself cherishing them more and more.

I was a bit distracted with everything in my head and so work took a little longer but I didn't have to bring any home. I would be busy tomorrow but that was okay, I wanted to come in early so I could leave at a decent time and go to the pub.

But of course all I could think about was Camryn and I wondered how her manuscript was going.

***
hiii
i hope you're all enjoying this story and im really enjoying writing it!!!

im trying to incorporate other povs which is new to me but I'm loving it!!!

i'd love to connect more with you all on twitter so follow me @ sogxldyn :)))))

thanks
love you bunches

hugs and kisses to all of you