Chapter 52

Chapter 52

**

William

The door to my office swung open and walked in Jasper, Ethan and Nate. Jasper and Ethan had a look of triumph on their face while Nate had a confuse one. I sighed and gestured for them to take a seat on the couch. 

"What is going on?" Nate asked, looking between all of us. "Before you make any excuse, I know something is going on. I've seen this discussion happening before. I want in."

Jasper and Ethan looked at me. They were waiting for my permission. I nodded and both of them started telling Nate everything that has happened with Sophia, Joseph Anderson, Candice and me. The look on Nate's face wasn't hard to guess. He was shock and surprised. 

His head snapped towards me. "You are in love with your secretary?"

"Yes. I love Sophia."

"And she loves you?" Nate asked, cautiously.

I narrowed my eyes at him. His tone held some kind of distaste. "Yes."

"Do..Do you not like Sophia?" Ethan asked, looking at me before settling his gaze on Nate.

"It's not like I don't like her. It's just," Nate stopped what he was saying and ran a hand through his hair. "She is Marisa's best friend and I know Marisa and if Sophia is anything like her. I wouldn't trust her."

"Nate-" Ethan began, but Nate shook his head.

"You don't know her." 

I scooted to the end of seat and focused my attention solely on Nate who was staring far away in a distance. Things were still difficult for him and I understood that. But he has to trust Sophia. He has to be on my side. "Nate, I know things went south between you and Marisa and yes, Marisa is Sophia's best friend, but I trust her and after everything, I know her feelings for me are genuine. Give her a chance."

Nate nodded and gave me a smile. "I will, but if I find anything which causes you harm, she is off." I nodded and smiled gently at him. "Alright, so what is it that brought you here? Did you get all that you mentioned now?"

Ethan and Jasper nodded their head. Ethan holds a file up. "We got majority of it." 

"Good." I said as a smirk took over my face. "I'll call my lawyer and have the transfer papers ready. I need you and Jasper along with Sophia in my office next week. The papers will be ready by then." I turned towards Ethan.

"Next time ask me for help." Nate said. "I may have something on others that will help gets things done easier."

Jasper rolled his eyes. "Are all the Wilson's this cocky?"

I shrugged and leaned back in my seat as I watch my brothers argue with Jasper. I was amused by their behavior. A feeling of satisfaction flew through me. Few things were looking up for me while I had few things yet to deal with, for example Mr. Black. He was still out there.

My thoughts were cut off by my phone ringing. I checked to see it was Sophia. A smile grew on my face as I thought about her. If things were like before, I wouldn't have done things I am doing right now. Things I am doing and will continue doing for Sophia.

"Hello?" I answered.

Two things. Two things made my heart stop. One was Sophia's ragged breathing and second was the pounding, banging noise. I stood up causing the argument to halt.  

"Sophia?" I called urgently.

"William, come fast," she wheezed out. "H-He will break the door...and..hurt me."