Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Warning: The chapter contains mature content. It will come towards the end. I'm not putting any warning when it starts. If you don't like to read, skip it.

**

Sophia

It was difficult to watch the exchange between Gwen and William with Blake right there. Once I knew the attention wasn't towards me, I quickly yet quietly took my bag and left for my room.

Currently, I was just sitting and waiting. I had no idea what to do. The meeting wasn't scheduled for another 2 hours. I came in contact with the land dealer and arranged a meeting for William the day before we left for Italy. There was some work left from the office so I decided to complete it before leaving for the meeting.

I opened my bag and took my laptop out and began working. I had carried few files which were important and the work was yet to be completed. I made few calls and continued with my work for one hour before my hotel phone rang.

"I'll call you back later," I said in the phone, ending it and walking over to my bedside where the hotel phone was situated. "Hello?"

"Sophia," I heard his strong voice from the other line.

"Yes?" I asked, professionally.

"What time is the meeting?"

"It's in about an hour. There is a restaurant not too far away from the land and he fixed it there." I said through the phone.

"Alright," he said and paused. "What are you doing?"

"I'm working, Mr. Wilson." I said, formally.

This time I decided to maintain my distance and not give William any chance to hurt me. The day in his office where we almost kissed, still lingered in my mind, but so did Gwen's face. I had no confirmation on their relationship but it would be safe to maintain my distance in case of any heartbreak.

"I think I told you to call me William when we are alone, Sophia." He reminded.

"I think it's better if we stick to Mr. Wilson only."

There was yet another pause. "If that's what you wish for, Miss Bennett."

I flinched at this. I had it coming. I was the one to call him by his last name so it would only be fair we did the same with my last name instead of my first, even if I did not like it. Not even one bit but I had to swallow it down and continue with it.

"If there is nothing else-"

He didn't let me finish as he already hung up. I pursed my lips in anger and banged the phone down. He was so infuriating. I huffed and went back to complete my work for another half an hour before I decided to changed and get ready.

Within a span of half an hour, I was fresh and ready for the meeting. I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded to myself. I can do it. I can resist William and this will go as smooth as a feather.

I grabbed my handbag and some files, wore my heels and left to William's room. I knocked twice on his door and waited patiently for him to open. The door swing open and William stood there in only his suit trousers. His chest was bare to my naked eyes as it roamed all over it to his strong muscle and well defined abs. The muscles on his arms flexed as he pushed the door more open to let me in. I swallowed the dryness in my throat as I entered his room.

"Give me a minute," he said, coldly and walked further into the room to the closet.

I stood awkwardly at the entrance as I waited for him. To distract myself from him, I opened the file and went through some stuff written inside.