Chapter 53

Chapter 53

**

Sophia

It's been 2 days since the incident took place at my house and since then I've been staying with Marisa and later at my folk's house for the weekend. I insisted that I should go back to my house and that it would be safe now, but she wouldn't let me go. Marisa would threaten me by saying that she would call William and tell him how I want to stay alone. I knew better than to argue with her after that. If William comes to know about my plan to shift back, he would, instead, kidnap me and take me to his house, so I kept quiet and stayed with Marisa.

The next day of the incident, I went to office even after William texted me to take a day off again. I was scared that day but I couldn't let that stop me from working, so I went to the office. But I was surprise to see that William did not come today until late. I had tried calling him, but the phone went directly to voicemail. I questioned him when he came to the office, and he briefly told me the reason. He was more fussing over my swollen cheeks as it was pretty evident even after my poor attempt to hide it behind the makeup. He went as far as taking me to the doctor, but I had to grab his arm and stop him. He kept on mumbling how he can't wait to ruin Joseph's life.

Throughout the day, William would kiss my swollen cheeks and say 'kissing it heals the wound faster.' I had to control the blush that would spread on my cheeks and neck. I was glad I don't have work the next day. I don't think I could keep up with William kissing my cheeks any chance he got. Anyone could see us and there were already many rumours around regarding the girl he was with near the elevator.

Since next day (Saturday) was an off day, I decided to visit my family and come clean about my relation with William and tell Dad the truth about Joseph and how he basically attacked me. I decided to stay there for the weekend as Carol and Mom had insisted for me to spend the night irrespective of how things would go.

William had gone to Gwen's school as there was an event held today. He informed me that he will be going back to office for some pending work. We kept on texting back and forth while I was at my parents. He wanted to be there with me so he could try and explain things to my father, but I knew it would be a bad idea. Until I don't talk to him, I did not want my father and William in the same room.

"Honey, the food is ready!" Mom yelled from inside the house.

Currently, I was sitting with Carol outside the house on the porch talking about her educational visit. As soon as I told her that I would be coming to visit and spend the weekend here, she has been over the moon. From the time I stepped inside the house, she has been going non-stop about her trip. I could see how happy she is that she could go to that trip. I kept quiet and let her do all the talking, occasionally asking her questions here and there.

"I think I've told you everything." Carol laughed, standing up from her spot.

"In detail." I commented with a smile on my face. Carol shrugged and we both walked inside to see Mom and Dad already seated on the chair and the food was already placed on the table.

"Are you both done? You've been sitting there for the whole afternoon." Mom said, shaking her head.

I shrugged while Carol answered her. "I wanted to tell her about the educational visit I did."

"I'm so sorry, honey." Mom joked, feigning a frown on her face.

"Mom!" Carol complained while I let out a loud laugh.

"She has the right to know. She paid for it after all." Dad commented, his voice edgy.

"What?" I asked, not understanding his real meaning. I know dad is still angry with me and has refuse to talk to me ever since he found out about my work place, but I thought maybe he will slowly accept how things are. I had given up on William and agreed to marry Joseph for the sake of his health. Maybe after I tell him what Joseph did, he would finally let this marriage and his discontent towards the Wilson Company go.