Chapter 13

Chapter 13

**

Sophia

I stood shell shocked in front of William as he uttered those words. I know he is right, but Marisa is my best friend and I have to look out for her too, and what Nathan suggest in the meeting was rubbish, debris..scrap.

I gulped and looked away in shame. "I know you are right, but she is my best friend and your brother-"

"My brother is your boss too." He interrupted, glaring daggers at me. "If he wants her off, she will be off."

I swallowed the lump in my throat before nodding. My shoulder slumped as my hands fell carelessly on my side. "Okay." I whispered.

"You are to not discuss this anymore." He ordered.

I looked out of the window and spoke softly, "Will you always threaten to fire me if you think I went out of line?"

This question was on my mind from the time we entered the meeting room when he said he would fire me if the project wasn't up to his mark and again now when I tried to talk to him. I can't work with a sword always hanging over my head, threatening to cut me whenever he wishes. How could I possibly do that? It wasn't fair to me, nor would it be fair to anyone working.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I missed to notice that William had inched closer to me. He gently took my chin in his hand and raised my head to meet his eyes. "I am sorry."

Again for the second time, I was shock in his presence. This was the second time when he has openly apologised to me. My eyes darted between his to see if he was actually sincere with his apologies or was he just saying to make a fool out of me. But I found nothing but sincerity in his voice and in his eyes which caused me to gulp again, this time loudly.

A ghost of smirk spread on his face as he saw how nervous he was making me. Composing myself and slightly narrowing my eyes at him, I spoke. "It's okay."

He shook his head and took a step back. Instantly, I missed the warm feeling of his body on mine. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment of my own thoughts.

"No. I was out of line and this is wrong." He said, his eyes roaming all over my face. If he noticed my flushed cheeks, he didn't comment about it which I was grateful for. "I will make up a contract for you regarding all these clauses so you won't have to worry about it in future."

I reluctantly nodded. That would be good, wouldn't it? But why do I have a bad feeling that signing a contract would mean I was legally binded to him as per his wishes.

"But that would by no means mean that you can disrespect me or take advantages of that." He warned.

"Yes, of course." I nodded my head furiously.

"Then the contract will be ready by tomorrow. It will include your payment and the period of contract. You can read it thoroughly before signing." He further explained.

"Can I get a copy of it too?" I asked.

"Yes. Sure."

"Alright." I agreed. It was good enough for me as of now. Let's read what it has before jumping to any conclusions.

"You can go back to your work. We will discuss this some other time. Contact my lawyer for me. His number will be in one of the files with information in your drawer." He said and dismissed me.

I nodded and left his office with a relief as well as a weight on my shoulder. This is going to be interesting.

I sat back in my chair and thought about what Marisa told me before leaving.