Chapter 5

Chapter 5

**

Sophia

"What did you say?" Mr. Wilson repeated again as he stalked his way towards me.

I cursed myself for being so loud. Even though he was being a jerk, I shouldn't have opened my mouth while I was still in his office. I thought I had spoken in a low tone, but of course not.

Being a little bold myself, I repeated my words. "I said that you are a rude jerk."

His jaw was clenched tight as he stood in front of me. He was way too close for my liking so I decided to take a step back, but was met with the wall. I was truly fucked this time. Trapped in between the wall and Mr. Angry Man.

"Do you have no respect for your interviewer?" He began, taking a small step towards me. "Is this how you expect to get a job?" He was now practical pressing me more in the wall. His whole body was touching mine and his hands were placed on either side of my head.

"I was not disrespectful. I didn't know so I asked." I muttered and placed my hand on his built chest and attempted to push him, but he did not budge at all. "I am pretty sure I would not get this job from the way the interview went, so no, I do not regret it. You could have answered me properly instead of being a jerk and none of this would have happened."

"So you want me to just forgo your ignorance for my company-" he began, but I cut him off.

"Firstly, do you mind taking a step back? You are in my personal bubble," I said, trying to push him again, because being this close to him doesn't make my brain work. When he was finally a step back, only a small step, I took a deep breath to control my nervousness and show a little more confident than I was actually feeling. "I am not ignorant of the company. I know everything I can about your company and I believe the work is more important than the pretty face that operates it. The same can't be said for clients, but then again, work is more important than pretty face."

Mr. Wilson didn't say anything for a while just staring at me. I noticed that his jaws were no longer clenched and his face didn't hold that much of anger as it originally had. He looked more calm and composed than before proving that whatever I said was, in fact, not wrong.

"You may leave now." He said, and turned to walk back to his chair. I sighed in relief and made a beeline to leave, but stopped short when I heard his voice again. "William. My name is William." Smiling softly and without replying to him, I left.

As I walked down the hall towards the elevator, I thought of everything that happened. I cringed as I remembered how I was this close to losing a chance of getting the job during the interview, and when he didn't bluntly reject me, a small hope grew within me that maybe I may get this job, but now it was confirm that I was not going to get this one and I would be stuck with my old job.

Mentally scolding myself for losing the control over my mouth, I made my way towards my office. It wasn't that far away so I reached quickly. Sighing and dreading the rest of the day which was about to follow, I made my way in. As soon as I reached my desk, I saw Mr. Anderson already sitting in my chair. I received few curious looks from the others. I slowed down when I reached him and waited for him to speak first.

"You're late."

"Yes, I know." I replied.

He waited for me to apologize if I'm not wrong, so when I didn't, he raised an eyebrow at me. "Any particular reason?"

I paused. I don't know if I should tell him about my possibility of leaving this office. I know I don't have any chance of getting the job at Wilson's, but if I don't leave this job I won't be encouraged to apply somewhere else. But if I do leave and find no job, I would be in even greater trouble with all the medical bills and other bills piling up. So I decided to keep it private for some time until I don't find anything permanent.