Chapter 7

Chapter 7

**

Sophia

I couldn't contain my happiness as I left William's office. The woman who was handling the temporary secretary for William glared at me as she saw the grin on my face. I didn't pay her any attention as I walked towards the elevator. Going down the elevator, I couldn't contain the noise of excitement and a small cheer that left my lips. I was glad that nobody was present to see my embarrassment. But to be honest, I couldn't careless.

As I stepped out of the elevator, I pulled my phone out of my purse and called Marisa to give her the great news.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Marisa, are you free right now?" I asked as I walked towards my car in the parking lot.

I heard some shuffling from the other side that meant Marisa was still at work. When I saw the time, it was past 8 and as far as I know, Marisa got off from work around 7.

"I will be in 10 minutes." She said and I heard more shuffling.

"Is everything okay? It's quite late for you to work." I asked in concern.

"Yes yes, don't worry. I'll explain everything to you when we meet." She said in a hurry. "I'll meet you at Adam's in 10."

"Okay." I agreed and ended the call.

Adam's was a bar a little far away from here which means it will take me good 10-15 minute to reach there. Quickly backing out of the parking lot, I made my way towards the said place. During the journey to Adam's, I thought about how things will change for better and maybe the debt will be paid off earlier than expected. I would have to hand in my one week notice to Mr. Anderson too. I was relieved to finally being able to leave that job.

When I saw the Adam's sign, I parked the car and made my way inside. The bar wasn't that much crowded considering it was only first day of a working week. I spotted Marisa sitting on the stool and made my way towards her.

After greeting her with a hug, I placed my purse on the small round table and gave my attention to Marisa.

"So, tell me, what's going on?" I asked, resting my elbows on the table and placing my head in my hand.

"There was so much rush in my office today," she said, letting out a tired sigh.

"Why?" I asked, but before she could reply back, a waiter came our way to take our order. Marisa ordered herself a beer while I stuck with water; we also added food since we had yet to have our dinner.

"Tomorrow we are planning on closing a business deal that is very important for our company. Mr. King is presenting a presentation tomorrow and we are hoping to close off the deal that will benefit us dearly." She explained, muttering a thank you when the waiter places a chilled beer in front of her.

"Oh. Seems like a lot of work to do." I gave her a sympathetic smile, but soon realised that not even a week later I would be in the same state, as I would be working as a secretary to Mr. Wilson.

"Where is the presentation?" I asked. "I mean, whom is this said business deal with?"

She chuckled. "You would be surprised." Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I urged her to continue. "It's none other than the man of our current topic nowadays."

Still confused with the name, I thought of all the possible people whose name we have taken so far in our conversation. The most highlighted one was-

"No way." I gasped in surprise. "Wilson Company?"

She chuckled at my expression and raised her beer. "Correct."