Chapter 16

Chapter 16

**

William

The elevator to the penthouse on the last floor of this building open and I walked out. Dad and Ethan were already present, laughing and enjoying their food.

The penthouse was big with modern design warming it to look cozy. Mom had personally designed this floor so that we could rest during lunch break. There was a kitchen where we could cook if we wanted to, but none of us knew how to cook.

Connecting the kitchen was the living room and a set of stairs which leads to the second floor. There was only one room on that floor along with one office. My room was up there while the other two rooms, which was owned my Dad, Nate and Ethan was on the first floor itself. Nate and Ethan decided to share one room since they don't usually come here unless it's for lunch. The opened window of the living room didn't give much view as there were other buildings surrounding it. There was only one side which had a great view.

"You started without me." I stated, but didn't actually care much about it. I sat down on the couch next Ethan and took my box of takeout food. "Where is Nate?"

"No idea." Dad shrugged and continued eating and talking to Ethan about the upcoming report.

The elevator door opened again and Nate walked in. His expression was stony with a 'do not mess with me' look. I paused as I saw him take a seat on the other couch which was placed to my left. No one noticed him as he didn't greet anyone nor did he say anything. He didn't look like he was present in this room.

"Nate?" I called him, a little worried. Nate was isolating himself and not communicating with anyone. He always had this far away look like something is eating him from inside. He just wasn't himself anymore. "Nate?" I called out louder again when he didn't respond the first time. Dad and Ethan stopped their conversation and turned towards us.

Nate's dark eyes turned towards me as his gaze focused on me. "What?" He asked, harshly.

I raised an eyebrow. This was new. "What happened?"

"That bastard," he spoke angrily as his hands turned into a fist. "Arnold King cancelled the project. He said that no matter what happens, he is not removing Marisa off the project even if it means they have to struggle to get their brand through."

"The same case you told me about yesterday? The automobile one?" Dad asked, his question directed towards me. I nodded in response as he leaned further, placing his elbows on his thigh. "Why did they cancel? And who is Marisa?"

"Explain from the beginning." Ethan demanded, his expression turning serious.

So Nate did. He told them about who Marisa was and what condition he placed in front of them if they wanted us to invest. During the whole story telling, not even once did their expression changed from seriousness.

"Ah!" Dad exclaimed, leaning back. "So this is about the whole break-up."

"No, Dad. It's about business. Do they not know what they are getting themselves into by rejecting our help over a normal secretary?" Nate said, aggressively.

"No, Nate. It's you who is not thinking about business." Dad said, seriously. His posture was stiff and he holds the authority that he usually shows his business clients. "That secretary was a part of this whole project. You don't know if her contribution was more than the others, but if it is, then it is very huge for them as well as us. Will mailed me the presentation this morning and I saw potential in it. So you have mixed business with your relationship problems by removing the girl out of her own project. It's not fair and I play fair. So we are– you are going to accept it."