Chapter 46

Chapter 46

**

William

"What do you mean you can't find her?" Nate yelled into the phone. "I don't care! Find her."

"What exactly happened at school?" Sophia, who accompanied me home, asked.

"She ran away because-" Max hesitate, looking at me, Nate, Ethan and Blake. He looked troubled. "She caught Ashton kissing another girl."

"What!?" Blake yelled, startling Sophia who was standing next to me.

"I'm going to kill him." Nate muttered, angrily.

"Right now we need to find Gwen." Ethan interjected. "We'll deal with Ashton later."

I couldn't stop the anger that was pulsing through me. I looked over at Ryan who was sitting quietly on the couch, not saying anything. He would have looked dead if it weren't for his hands which were turning white due to his tight fist.

I didn't wait for anyone to say anything else as I walked out of the house. I heard footsteps following me. "William, where are you going?" Sophia asked, running behind me.

"I'm going to look for Gwen."

"I'll come with you." She said and soon we were both off.

I looked around the neighborhood and all the places she would go. I called Amber and asked her to search along with Alex and Chris, and she told me they were already trying to get hold of her. I tried calling Gwen continuously, but she wasn't picking up. Sophia and I looked everywhere we could, but it was like she disappeared from this earth.

My stomach churned at the thought of something happening to her. I gripped the wheel tightly until I felt Sophia's soft hands on them. "We will find her."

"I know. This is what I was worried about." I said, referring to our conversation not long back. "This is why I want to keep her home."

"It would have happened one way or another, no matter what, you can't always shield her from all the wrongs." Sophia said, softly.

"I can try."

Neither of us spoke anything. The light was down and there was no sign of Gwen. I was getting worried sick now. I dropped Sophia home and promised to phone her if I get any information on Gwen and drove home. The house was a chaos. Mom and Dad were yet to know about it and we kept it that way since they were out to celebrate.

"Did you find her?" Max asked as soon as he saw me walking in.

"No." I muttered, my heart beating at a faster rate as more time passes.

"That Ashton, he is so having it," Blake muttered, angrily.

"I told you not to let her date him. I knew he would do that. Once a player, always a player." I spat, angrily.

"Hey!" Max protested.

"Fuck off, Max. I could careless about you now." I said, glaring at him. He frowned and shrinked back.

"Where is Gwen? It's been so long," Ethan said, his whole face yells frustration and worry.

"I'm here." A soft hoarse voice said.

I swiftly turned around to see Gwen dragging herself in. Her hair was messy and her eyes were puffy and red. She has been crying as there were dry tear stains on her face.

I couldn't stop the words tumbling from my mouth in worry. "The hell, Gwen. Where have you been? We were so worried. Do you know what the time is? You weren't picking up the phone. We thought something happened. And that Ashton, I told you. I don't like this guy and I swear if I see him again, I'm going to kill that son of a bitch."