Chapter 17

Chapter 17

**

Sophia

I was embarrassed as I waited for an employee from the HR department to come and get me for the tour. I was very happy when I heard that my best friend was not getting off the project she has worked so hard for. It was an impulse action to hug him. And if that wasn't bad enough, his dad walked in.

I've seen Richard Wilson on various business newspapers as well as fashion magazines posing. Sometimes it was only him, but sometimes his wife was with him in the picture. I've read his interviews and from the sounds of it, he was pretty intimidating. It says that he shows no emotion while dealing with his clients and feels no remorse while defeating his opponent. Now that I think about it, William gets his personality from his dad itself. So I was utterly embarrassed when he caught me hugging my boss, his son. Even though his expression didn't give away that he was angry, I think he must be questioning William about hiring me.

I didn't get to dwell on my thoughts for much longer as I heard clicking of heels coming my way. I turned around and was surprised to see Mia there. From the looks of it, she was surprised too.

"Am I giving a tour to you?" She asked, as she stopped few feet away from me.

"Yeah," I said, surprised. "I knew you were working at HR. I just never thought that you would be the one to give me the tour."

During the lunch break, Mia and her two other friends that I made, introduced themselves to me and told me about their own job at this company. Emma was a part of marketing group while Jace was a part of financial group. They also blabbered about the latest gossips going around in the building involving William getting a new secretary. They placed bets on me to see how long would I survive. From the looks of it, they were losing since majority of them said a week and I was definitely not going to leave in a week. I've already signed a contract. Jace lost while Emma won the bet among others. Jace was feeling bad about placing a bet on me losing, so he kindly offered to walk me back to my desk which I agreed.

"I am more surprised that you didn't get a tour on the first day itself," she says, still looking a bit surprised.

"Technical today is my second day only so it's fine." I said, shrugging.

"True." Mia laughed and led me to the elevator.

She informed me that along with these two elevator–one public and other private, there was another set of elevator on the other side of the building which I was unaware of. We stopped on every floor and she told me what was on each floor. She showed me different departments and introduced me to the head of each department. There was a section of people who handle branches out of London and were working under Nathan. Mia showed me around his office as well as Ethan's office. We came across Ray who smirked at us and tried to flirt, but Mia just rolled her eyes and flipped him off.

"What's on the 25th floor?" I asked Mia as we stepped out on the 23rd floor.

"That's something I don't know either. None of us are allowed up there and we never asked our boss about it either." She replied, shrugging as we walked on the floor. Once we were done, she pressed the button of the ground floor.

"Are we not seeing the 24th floor?" I questioned.

"Uh..no." she said, nervously. "That's Richard's office and no one is allowed to go up there."

"Oh." I said, blinking. I nodded and smiled at her lightly, telling her that I understood and won't cross that boundary.

We left the building and walked around the campus when she started speaking again. "This is just one building. We have 3 more buildings and each building are filled with offices and works. William, Ethan, Nathan and Richard, they all have their respective offices in each of the building. We are not going to go tour there since it will take a lot of time and it's not even necessary unless William takes you with him. That would be easier." She said, as we walked around 3 more buildings.