Chapter 19

Chapter 19

**

Sophia

Today, I didn't see William the whole morning. I didn't make his coffee because I wasn't sure if he wanted to see me yet. He hasn't spoken to me since yesterday and I was worried if he would ever talk to me. Knowing William, it was difficult to predict anything.

Since I was feeling bad for breaking the frame, I took it on myself and brought a new frame for him after work yesterday. I packed it neatly into a gift wrapping paper and place it on his desk with a note. I was sweating slightly; my legs won't stop bouncing as I waited in anticipation for his call.

I had placed it in his office as soon as he left for lunch and when I came back from my lunch, I noticed he was already in his office. I was waiting just outside his door, trying to hear anything from inside. I wanted to know what he was thinking. If he was happy with my gift and has forgiven me for breaking the previous one or was he still angry. I hope for former to happen.

When I couldn't take it, I barged into his office. I was expecting him to yell at me for barging in without his permission and to throw the frame at me and asking me to leave, but none of that happened. In fact, he was relaxed back as if he was waiting for me to come. He didn't look surprise as glanced up from the frame he was staring at.

"I could hear you pacing in front of my door." William said in his dark voice.

I gulped, not knowing what to say. I didn't think it through when I barged in. I just couldn't wait, but I never thought what I would say after. "I..uh.."

I didn't have to say anything more as he stood up from his chair and rounded the desk and stood in front of me. I had to take a step back as he was literally in my personal bumble, but the desk stopped me from going any further. He took more stepped towards me until my back was firmly pressed against his desk. He leaned forward and placed his hands on either side of me. His height was matching mine as his face was in level with me, not to mention very close.

Unconscious, my tongue darted out to lick my now dry lips as I stared into his eyes. At my movement, his gaze glanced at my lips and turned a shade darker. I visibly gulped as I felt him lean a bit more closely.

"Thank you for the gift." He whispered, huskily.

"It was my fault." I muttered as I stared at his lips which were shifting closer towards mine.

When I felt a slight brush of his lips on mine, my whole body ignited with desire. Desire pooled in the pit of my stomach as I clenched my thigh together. My breath was coming out in pants as it was getting difficult to breathe with William in my personal bumble. His body spray was invading all my senses and I wanted to take a deep breath to get more of this intoxicating smell.

I automatically closed my eyes as I felt his lips put slight pressure on mine, but before it could be firmly pressed against me, the door to his office slammed opened.

I jolted my head back in surprise and looked wide eyes at William who had now moved few steps back as well, looking in disbelief. His expression turned angry as he turned on his heels to probably yell at the person who barged in without his permission. But when no words left his mouth and his tensed body relaxed, I peaked from his shoulder to see the intruder.

I was met with the girl from the frame. She stood there tall with a raised eyebrow as she looked between William and me, surprised. The girl was wearing skinny blue jeans with a beautiful blouse which hugged her body perfectly. She looked a lot young than she looked in the picture, making me wonder how do they know each other or if she really is his girlfriend. But from the surprise look on her face, I assumed she was.