Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Warning: The chapter contains slight mature theme. If you don't like it, skip it.

** 

William

I walked out of the room and to the bathroom and kitchen to get a glass of water and some painkillers for Sophia. While walking down the stairs, I phoned Ethan. The phone ran for sometime before I heard his voice.

"Hello?"

"Ethan," I called. "I'm at the penthouse of our building. I'll be coming late tonight so don't wait for me."

"Why?" He asked. I could hear the confusion in his voice. "As far as I remember, there is no such work for you to stay so late."

"I know. It's Sophia. She twisted her ankle so I brought her up here to apply ointment."

"Oh." He said from the other side. "Why is everyone hurting their ankle these past days?" 

I chuckled as I remember one more patient at home. Few days ago, Gwen injured her leg by jumping up and down her bed. "Tell me about it."

Ethan laughed. "Alright. Take care of her. I'm sure this happened because of you only. I shouldn't have repeated the conversation between Sophia and Joseph in front of you."

I smirked as I recalled Sophia's angry face as I gave her the file to complete. Actually, the file wasn't due until next month, but since Sophia had plans with Joseph and I was informed about that by Ethan who heard the conversation, I knew I couldn't let her go out with that man. He could hurt her and until I don't solve this matter myself, I'll try to keep Sophia away from him. "Okay. See you tomorrow." I heard him chuckle before the line went dead. 

I collected all the things I came to get and walked back into the room. I knocked twice before slowly opening the door, giving Sophia the change to speak if she was indecent. When I heard no protest, I proceeded further and found Sophia sitting on the bed, but now changed into my white shirt.

I froze at the entrance as I looked over her. Sophia was wearing the shirt that barely reached her mid-thigh. Her strong creamy legs bare of any clothes. The sleeves coming past her hand and the top button open, displaying a small part of her cleavage. She was nervously glancing around, while fidgeting with her hands and biting her lips causing it to turn red. I felt my slacks tightening as I glanced down at her and the thoughts of claiming her growing stronger. 

I cleared my throat and averted my eyes as I pushed the painkiller in my hand along with the glass of water. I removed the ointment from my back pocket; I had placed it there since my hands were full with the glass and painkiller pill.

"Thank you." I heard her speak softly.

I brought my eyes back to the green one, who were looking up at me intensely. Shaking the unwanted thoughts, I sat next to her at a distance and pushed the tube of ointment towards her. "Here."

Sophia took the tube and took a small amount of cream on her forefinger before applying to her chest. She hissed when her hands touched the burnt skin and shook her head. "I can't do it."

I got up and kneeled in front of her, taking the cream from her hand. "Can I?" I asked for her permission.

Sophia nodded. I sat up straight, towering over her a little as I pushed the collar back a little, exposing much of her skin. I felt her shiver as my thumb graze her skin. I looked up and found her already staring at me. I looked back at the burnt skin and gently applied the cream, earning a groan of pain from Sophia.