Chapter 4

Chapter 4

**

William

It was Monday which meant back to work for more hours than on weekends. Yesterday, I came back home quickly after completing the work to spend some time with Gwen and the others. I knew I had made the right decision when I saw how happy Gwen got to see me back home early. The rest of the Sunday went with playing games and lounging around with others. It was stress relief from work and quite a content evening.

But it was Monday again which meant work. Since Dad was absent for few days, his duties were to be held by me. With Dad, it becomes easy to handle, but without him, it gets very stressful. But since he can't always be in the company, I had to be ready to take that much amount of stress and responsibilities. I didn't mind much as it takes my mind off few unwanted memories.

Getting ready early, I walked downstairs for breakfast. The dining room consists of only Gwen, Ryan and Max who had school this morning. Gwen was eating as well as going through some papers. Annoyed with her not eating properly and working, I took the file from her hand and closed it shut.

"Will!" She exclaimed in surprise. "I was reading that."

"You can do that later. First eat your breakfast." I ordered as I sat down next to her. Grumbling under her breath, she ate quickly. I paused her fast movement. "Easy. Or else you'll puke."

She stared at me with those round puppy eyes and sighed in frustration. Ignoring her pouty look, I urged her to eat at a regular pace. Muttering a fine under her breath, she ate at a normal pace which eased me a bit.

"What are you reading about anyway?" I question, filling up my plate. "The school is about to end. Only finals are left."

She gulped the food in her mouth before answering. "There are few new students in school and the fresher's too next year. You know Uncle Ben; he is probably going to ask me to handle everyone and everything. So I'm preparing from now only." She said, rolling her eyes.

"If it's too much for you, I can talk to Uncle Ben. I'm sure he'll understand." I offered.

"No, no." She shook her head quickly. A small smile taking over her lips. "I like doing it."

Nodded, I muttered an okay in response. After eating my breakfast, I got up and went in the living room where I found Nate sitting and reading a file. "Hey. Is everything okay?" I asked, taking a seat next to him.

"Yeah. The deal in Italy seems a little off to me." Nate said, flipping through some pages. Sighing in frustration, he said, "I don't understand."

"Want me to see it?" I asked. He nodded and gave me the file.

We went through the deal and made few changes here and there, improving the problem that was distracting Nate. Gwen came out to the living room. She kissed my cheeks and Nate's before leaving for school.

"Thanks, man." Nate said, after closing the file. "Are you leaving?"

"Yes. What about you?" I asked, buttoning my suit as I got up.

"I'll be there in a while." He said, closing his eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked a little concern about him.

"Just peachy."

I left it at that. If he wanted, he would have shared it with me, but clearly, right now he needed some space. I nodded and took off for work. My driver dropped me at the front of the office and went to park the car as I walked in the building. Acknowledging the greeting I was getting, I made my way towards the lift. I slowed down as I neared the lift and saw a woman talking to the guard.