Chapter 44

Chapter 44

**

William

Few more weeks passed since the day Sophia and I confessed to each other, and the days couldn't have been better. I don't remember smiling so much while I was in a company of a woman. Spending time with Sophia makes me forget my problems.

"What do you think?" Sophia asked from next to me. "Is it looking good?"

"I think we should add a little more wine." I said, looking down at the dish we were cooking.

It was Sunday. Sophia and I decided to spend this day together. Since I had no knowledge of cooking, Sophia insisted that I learn.

"After marriage, I am not going to cook for you every day." Sophia stated, huffing.

"We are getting married?" I teased, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Are we not?" Sophia asked suspiciously.

"Sure." I said, grinning down at her.

"William!" She attempted to hit me, but I kept my hold strong on her. "We are learning to cook."

"We have Mary-Ann." I said. "Why do I need to learn?"

"What if Mary-Ann has to go somewhere?" She questioned. "You need to learn."

Since then, Sophia has been forcing me to learn. Finally, giving in to her consisting pestering, I decide to cook today with her help. Sophia wasn't a great cook herself, but she claims that she atleast knows the basics.

Her ankle which was twisted was now healed and she was able to walk properly without anyone's help. I was glad since it was rather very difficult to help one whining girl, let alone two. Gwen also had her ankle twisted which she used it to her advantage by bossing everyone around and Sophia was the same.

After panicking about the Joseph matter and after reassuring her everything will be okay, she called again panicking with the photos that were being shared online. At first I was very confused. What photos was she talking about, but then Ethan and Nate came into my room, showing me the pictures of me and Sophia when I was taking her to the penthouse. The picture of Sophia wasn't really visible so it was easy to calm her down. That woman will be death of me.

"I think it ruined it." Sophia muttered, frowning down at the food.

"I told you we should order a take out." I said, shrugging. Sophia glared at me and I raised my hands in surrender.

She groaned and turned off the stove. "Fine. We'll order. I'm not in a mood to cook anything."

I nodded. "We won't try any new dishes from next time too. You want to eat it, come to my house. Mary-Ann makes the best food."

"I'll keep that in mind." She said, seriously causing me to laugh. Sophia insisted on ordering the food so I let her while I sat on the couch and surfed through Netflix to watch a movie while we eat. "I've ordered pizza for us. I hope you don't mind."

"Pizza sounds good." I answered and opened my arms for Sophia to come and sit next to me. She tucked herself under my arms as we watched the movie and waited for our food to come. Soon enough, the food arrived and we devoured it as we watched and laughed at the movie that was on. 

After spending the whole morning and afternoon with her, I left to go back home. I checked my phone which I haven't used since morning. I noticed few missed calls from Gwen, Ethan and Ryan. There was one from Officer Riley too. I decided to call him first.