Chapter 15

Chapter 15

**

Sophia

The night after my argument with Dad– if I call it argument when I didn't get a word to say– I called Mom.

"Hey, Sophia." She greeted me, happily.

"Hey, Mom. How are you?"

"I'm just fine. How are you, sweetie? I heard you started a new job?" She asked. There was no hint of disappointment or disapproval in her tone.

"I'm fine, Mom. Work is hard, but it's something I am coming to love." I answered her, truthfully.

"That's good." She paused. "Your father isn't happy about it."

I sighed. "I know, Mom. That's why I called you. How is he?"

"Still upset." She said, probably looking over to my Dad. "He won't talk to you right now."

"I know that," I whispered sadly. "I wish he could understand."

"Anderson's are his friends. It will take time."

"You know why I did it, right mom?" I questioned, a little concern.

"I know, sweetie. I don't blame you for quitting that job. I know it made you miserable. I hope you are liking what you are doing right now?"

"Yes, Mom. It's really good." I answered, smiling. "It has only been a day, but I feel I am getting to learn so much. The way they present their product, the discussion and everything. My boss has temper and he is very rude and cold, and always threatens to fire me, making me scared and angry at the same time, but it's quite challenging."

I heard her gasp, softly. "Is he really mean to you?"

"Well, not all the time. We didn't communicate much, but-" I remembered what happened at the elevator and how close he was to me and all his crude comments, building a sexual tension in the atmosphere.

"Sophia?" I heard my mother's teasing voice. "Did something happen?"

My eyes widen as I spoke rapidly. "No, mother nothing happened. He is very bi-polar. I can't keep up with his moody self. There is no attraction between us."

"If you say so," she teased. "What is your work exactly?"

I giggled at that. "I work as his secretary."

"Who is this man?"

"Mom, don't you think you are going backwards in your questions?" I teased her.

"Oh, shut up." She laughed, lightly. "Tell me."

"I work at the Wilson Company. I am the secretary of William Wilson." I said, a proud feeling taking over my body.

"The Wilson?" She asked, astonished. "You are working for the Wilson's. Sophia, that company is huge and it is so difficult to get a job there."

"I know." I snickered at her reaction. "It is pretty huge. I am going to get a tour of the place today. I got lost yesterday trying to find a room." I said, sheepishly.

"Oh, woah." I heard my Mom say. "I am so happy for you, Sophia. Your father is going to be very upset knowing that you are working for the Wilson's. You know how he hates rich people."

"I know, Mom." I sighed. "I'm worried about that only. He doesn't know where I work, because he did not give me any lectures yesterday, but Mr. Anderson knows that I work for Wilson. He called William and told him how unqualified I was."