Chapter 48

Chapter 48

**

William

"Why don't you start from the beginning?" Sophia suggested as she waited patiently for me to start.

I gave her a hesitant smile before pulling my hands away from hers to my hair. "I, uhh— I wasn't always this.." I struggled to find the right word. Harsh?

"Scary?" She helped, giving me a small teasing smile.

I chuckled and nodded. "I wasn't always this scary. I was like those rich bad boy/playboy type of a guy."

"Typical." Sophia coughed, earning a glare from me, even though, I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face. I know she was doing this to make me feel comfortable. I appreciate her efforts to lighten up the tense and uncomfortable atmosphere.

"Just like any day, Ethan and I were arguing about a girl–"

I was laughing with Ethan. We were discussing about this girl we meet in college. Ethan was only a year younger so he had enrolled in college with me.

"Really! I'm calling dibs on her." He laughed.

"No, man. I met her first." I said.

"Fine. She isn't my type, anyways." He muttered.

"Really? But you just called dibs on her." I smirked.

He narrowed his eyes at me playfully. "You're such a dick!"

I laughed and soon he joined me. But my laughter was cut off soon. And that was forever.

I heard a sob, a loud sob. My head snapped towards the door and my heart stopped beating. My sister, my 10 years sister stood there, but she was hurt. Badly.

I see her trying to steady herself, but it was difficult. I shot up from my seat along with Ethan.

"Gwen!" I yelled and ran towards her just in time to catch her. She went limp in my arms.

"It hurts, Will." She whimpered.

"No, no, no!" I called as tears ran down my eyes. "Call an ambulance."

No, she can't leave me. Nothing will happen to her. I promised to protect her. She is hurt. My baby sister.

"I'm feeling sleepy, Will," I heard her mutter.

My eyes widen. "No, Gwen. Stay awake. You're fine."

But it was too late. Her eyes rolled back and she went completely limp in my arms.

"No. Gwen! Wake up," I shook her. But she didn't open her eyes. "Damn! Where the fuck is the ambulance?"

"It's coming," I heard Ethan say. I looked up to see him crying and his eyes were focused on Gwen.

Soon, I heard the sirens. I couldn't pay attention as the paramedics came in and took Gwen from my arms and in the ambulance. I went with them.

"Call Dad." I ordered Ethan. He nodded. I saw my family rushing in the car with us. I looked at Ryan who was crying in mom's arms. He was her twin. If anything happened to her, I know, Ryan will be the most affected.

Soon we were at the hospital. I was waiting outside as they took Gwen inside. Everyone came in running. I told them to take Gwen in to a private room. They said money was large, but I didn't care. We had all the money we need. We just wanted Gwen.