Chapter 23

Chapter 23

**

Sophia

I was mad. I was very mad at William. I told him not to come, yet he had the nerve to come here and act as if it was a pure co-incidence. I gave him the address, this was my first mistake. I should have known he would do something like that. I huffed internally, planning on killing him later.

I looked at Mr. Salvatore apologetically. As if noticing my stare, Gwen turned her head towards my company. "Oh. I'm sorry. I forgot you were going out for lunch. Are we disturbing you?"

"That's okay." Mr. Salvatore said, smiling. He turned toward me. "Introduce us."

"Right." I said. "This is Gwen Wilson and Blake Wilson, siblings of Mr. Wilson." I introduced them.

Mr. Salvatore looked shocked as he stared at them. They both raised an eyebrow at him but didn't comment. Soon I heard another pair of footstep coming our way.

"Mr. Salvatore," William's dark voice greeted. "What a surprise to see you."

"Surprise, my ass." I muttered under my breath. I turned to glare at William who didn't spare me a glance. This causes my anger to spike up more.

"I didn't know you had more siblings other than Nathan and Ethan." Mr. Salvatore said.

"I do. I have six siblings." William answered.

"Oh." He said. Turning towards the siblings, he spoke. "It's nice to meet you both."

"Nice to meet you too." Blake answered while I noticed Gwen take a step back and move closer towards William. This didn't go unnoticed by William who pulled her close towards him.

I heard him whisper something in her ears. Since I was close, I could hear them. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Gwen whispered, swallowing. "I just remembered something."

A look of concern passed through his face. This was the first time I had seen him this worried. I didn't fail to notice how his arms tightened around her in a protective stance. I remember what Judy told me.

"I don't exactly know what happened, but from what I know William was never the one to be rude. The magazines and all the gossip channels portrayed him as charming handsome man. But after sometime, it was all gone. You would find him in the newspapers and all the magazines as ruthless man running his company. Instead of girls, he was on the front cover with his brothers. I don't know what happened, but it felt changed. I could be wrong, but there always is a back story to all the rude people, they aren't just rude."

Now looking at it, I was convinced it had something to do with Gwen; when he gave instructions to Blake to take care of Gwen and to call him immediately if anything happens. All these were signs that something had happened and it had affected the whole family. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard William speak, breaking the ongoing conversation between Blake and Mr. Salvatore.

"We'll leave now." William said and shook his other hands with Mr. Salvatore before turning to me. He nodded at me and turned around with Gwen next to him and walked away. Blake followed them and they walked out of the cafe.

"I had no clue that William had any other siblings. He seems so ruthless along with his brothers. I would never have guessed him to have any more younger brothers, let alone a sister. And from the looks of it, she seems way too young." Mr. Salvatore commented looking at the way they went.

"You should never judge a book by its cover," I said. "In business world, you have to be ruthless or people will take advantage of you and leave you dry. He is just doing this for his business."