Chapter 37

Chapter 37

**

Sophia

The end of today's day was very busy as William had given me a bunch of things to do. I didn't have any particular idea about why he was suddenly hiring an intern and was insisting on making the contract personally as soon as possible, but I suspect it was related to Gwen so I didn't ask him any questions. I wanted to know, yet I knew where my limits were and after the whole fiasco, I hardly doubt he would share or open up to me. All I had to do was be patient and show him how much he means to me and hope that he'll believe me and give me a chance. I had packed my stuffs after giving William the file about the basic information on Jonathan that I received from Ben Wilson, William's Uncle. He was surprised when I gave him a call and asked for the information. He was reluctant as it was against the rules but I told him that William wanted it and he gave it to me. The data I was given had the basic information and William wanted more detailed. Since it was already late, I decided to complete this work at home.

I had to cancel meeting with Joseph. I told him about my work load and that we have to reschedule our meeting. He wasn't happy about that but I just rolled my eyes and answered with an 'okay'. He threatened about informing my father yet again. This time I was all calm because from what I have gathered, Joseph was all bark and no bite. Yet, in case, he does anything to put anyone in harm, I reassured him that it's work and I'll be doing that from home. He finally agreed and ended the call saying that we will meet in the coming week since he was out for work this weekend. I was more than happy that he was not insisting on me coming with him.

Once I was freshly bathed and had my dinner, I opened my laptop and searched for anything I could find on the name Jonathan. A bunch of links showed and I clicked on the first one. I skimmed through the article before realising the need for this internship. Jonathan parents recently had an accident resulting in their death, leaving him and his younger sister as orphan. Though the custody was given to the closest relative who happens to be an old lady– probably his grandmother, it was difficult to earn money and support the family.

A sense of pride filled me as I realised that maybe William was doing this to help him and that's why he personally wanted to make the contract and have meeting with the financial department tomorrow.

I quickly gathered as much information as I could and made a report to present it to William. I had already arranged a meeting with the respective departments in the office. Since it was Saturday, all the departments have the day off, but I put on an urgent notice to these two departments and requested the seniors of the departments to spare few hours and come for the meeting. They had happily agreed and didn't mind that much.

I couldn't help but compare Wilson Company to Anderson's Company. In Anderson Company, we were forced to work on Saturday even if we didn't want to and here they were happy to help since it's a rare occasions that they call an urgent meetings on Saturday's.

Once the report was ready, I saved the copy and closed my laptop, reminding myself to mail it to William first thing in the morning.

**

"Are they here?" I heard a voice ask.

I looked up and found William standing in front of my desk. I nodded and stood up to follow him to the meeting room. The head of the department were already waiting for us. William took a seat and I sat next to him with my iPad, ready to make any notes.

William discussed the terms he wanted and showed them the draft contract he had prepared. I had already reviewed it once before coming to the meeting. Once all the changes and modifications were made, the legal department head told that he would start the work first thing on Monday.