Chapter 55

Chapter 55

**

Sophia

It was the day William was leaving for Paris. He had informed me about the trip to Paris and why he was going. I was tense since William was tense. On the day Gwen left, he has been restless. He wouldn't stop saying that something was going to happen. I tried to be there for him, but seeing his constant worry made me worry too; the unsettling feeling of something bad happening.

William had asked me to make arrangements for their one day stay in the hotel which was near Gwen's. I received that information from Gwen's school and made the necessary arrangements for him. Ethan and Nate were going along with him.

Before leaving, he came to the office to meet me. He asked me to be safe since we got the news that Joseph went into hiding. The day after the shares were transferred to me, Joseph has been missing. Nobody knew where he was. His parents called me to ask me about his whereabouts, which made me alert. If he would attack, he would attack me, knowing that I hold power over his company. William asked me to call Jasper if I needed any help and that he would be there for me.

I was working at my desk when I heard the phone in William's office ringing. I furrowed my eyebrows as I had cancelled all his meetings and diverted all his calls to me.

I walked into his office and cautiously picked his call. "Hello?"

"William?" The unknown person said from the line. "Isn't this William's office number?"

"Yes, it is. May I know who this is?" I asked politely, yet couldn't keep the curiosity from leaking.

"It's Riley, the officer from the station." The person, Riley said.

I remembered Riley. William had asked me to call him for a meeting one day. Riley is a police officer working on Mr. Black's case.

"Yes, Officer. I'm Sophia, William's secretary." I introduced. "Mr. Wilson isn't in the office today."

"I have some information for him, but I couldn't reach him. I thought about calling him at his office. Shit! This is important." Riley cursed.

"You can tell me. I could try calling Ethan or Nate." I suggested.

"That would be great. I'll try phoning them too, but if you get hold of them, you can inform them too."

"What is it?" I asked, the feeling of dread growing stronger as the minute passes.

"We got an intel that Mr. Black is in Paris." Riley said.

My body froze as the words left his mouth. Bloody shit!

I quickly ended the call and tried calling William. I cursed when my phone went to voicemail. I tried calling again, yet had no luck. Next I called Ethan. When he didn't pick up, I called Nathan. I crossed my fingers and prayed that he would pick my call. I was about to lose hope, when I heard his voice, "Hello?"

"Hello? Nathan?" I called, urgently. "It's me, Sophia."

"Sophia?" He called out in confusion. "Why did you call me?"

"I'm sorry. I couldn't reach William nor Ethan. There is an urgent information I had to give you," I began, not bothering to wait for his reply. "Officer Riley called in the office saying that they got an intel about Mr. Black. Apparently, he is in Paris. I thought you should know since Gwen and Ryan are in Paris and they could possibly be in danger."

"Bloody hell!" He yelled from the other side, before the line went dead.

I looked down at the phone and gulped. I hope everything goes well.