Chapter 33

Chapter 33

**

Sophia

I drove my car to the hospital to check on Dad before making my way back home. I had informed Dad about my situation in office. He was angry at the fact that I signed a contract with him. He went on about how rich people think they can do anything they want and this is one example of it. This is how cunning they are. I can't leave even if I want to.

After calming him down, I told him not worry and these 2 years will pass in a blur. He huffed and agreed. To be honest, he didn't really have any other option once I told him the compensation amount. I was hurt that William would do such a thing to me after confessing his feelings for me. Maybe this was my punishment for hurting him. I grew worried as soon as he announced the contract between us. I had forgotten about it and now when I saw the file, I knew it would come to bite me in my ass one day.

I was happy as well as sad about the whole situation. I was happy that I could see William for few more days and sad because he has changed back to the way he was. He turned back to his angry and cold self. Talking to him was proven to be more difficult than I thought. Today the whole day I was working for him and not once did he talk to me properly. The worst part of today was after lunch break when that woman came into the office. I have never seen or heard about her from William before. A thought that maybe she is one of his past secretary did cross my mind, but it went flying away when I saw a hint of surprise in his eyes yet no irritation. William demands discipline from his employees and this woman just strolled in the office like she owns this place and took her place on his lap as if she belongs there.

I threw a dirty look at her back as soon as her lips came in contact with his cheeks. I was hoping for William to push her off him, but he did no such thing. He stared at her as she whispered something to him and when he dismissed me, I felt hurt spread through my body. I stalked out of there with anger and irritation. They were inside talking for about a half an hour while I was pacing outside waiting to hear anything.

I have to admit I was extremely jealous of the woman. She was perfect in every sense. Her blonde hair was in a perfect wave falling down her back. Her figure was slim and had curves at the right places. She didn't wear any revealing clothes. It was rather smart and sophisticated. She was supporting a white ripped jean with a plan sweater tugged inside. Her feet were covered in heels as she walked graceful in them and a matching color handbag. In all, she was perfect and a better candidate next to William.

The wait outside was harder than expected. And to make it worst, when the woman walked out of his office looking rough and said how she enjoyed with him, it broke my heart. William did not deny anything. When I asked him, he brushed me off. Does that mean he is over me in one day? Did he even like me? I thought breaking off with William would ease the feelings I have for him but I was proven wrong when I saw him with someone else. I should be happy for him, shouldn't I? But why do I not feel happy. I wanted him to move on from me because I would be married to other man very soon. Then, why am I feeling like someone has ripped my heart out?

**

I sighed as I dropped my keys in the bowl and fell down on my couch with a groan. Having feelings for someone is too much to handle. I sat up straight as I thought about calling that one person who would help me in this situation. Who would help me get over William as she has experience in getting over one Wilson.

Quickly fishing my phone out of my bag, I called Marisa. "Hello?"

"Hey, girl. Did you forget about me?" Marisa joked from the other side.

I chuckled lowly. "It's only been a week since I saw you."

"Still." She said and paused. "Is everything okay?"