29

Kim Minjeong
active now

"you've called me in to buy meds, make food, and tend to her because...?" Minjeong enumerates.

"she has dysmenorrhea"

"and?"

"and what?"

"isn't it weird that you're sending me to do umm... girlfriend things for her?" Yuna looked at her dead in the eyes, it freaked Minjeong out because that was the only time that her height felt intimidating to her.

"Everyone thinks you're dating, so what?"

"but... We're not?"

"then date her, duh?" Yuna sasses but it had Minjeong thinking while the taller girl shoves her out of the room to go get some medicines for Jimin.

People say that Jimin likes her.

But she doesn't think so because they're close friends and she learned that Jimin is clingy, just when she thought that she, herself, being clingy is overbearing.

It was one thing to assess Jimin's feelings for her, but it was another to reflect on what she feels.

Does she like Jimin?

"whatcha doin'?" Aeri appears next to her, stopping her train of thoughts as she made her way out of the campus to go to a nearby pharmacy.

"going to buy some painkillers"

"why? You went drinking or something?" Aeri questioned and Minjeong shook her head.

"Can I just ask how did you know that you like manager-nim?" Minjeong decided to be upfront about it, wanting to know how other people got their feelings sorted out.

Minjeong didn't have the best experiences with dating because she never really took it seriously, which reflects how she's handling the situation at hand. Because no matter how many signs Jimin throws at her, she wouldn't look at it as Jimin liking her.

This gives her a disadvantage, having to rely on other people's perspectives just so she can figure out her own isn't practical. But it does make her curious.

"oh... I don't... know" Aeri scratched her head, looking around and seeming embarrassed.

"you know how in movies and novels, they look at that person and they know that that's the one?" Minjeong nods.

"I hate to say how true that is. Though in movies, it's exaggerated, but it's true. When you look at her, there's just something that doesn't hold you back and you'll go for it" Minjeong scrunched her nose at how cheesy it sounded, Aeri even throws in some English to make it sound more exquisite.

"But how does that explain Heejin and Hyunjin taking so much time?"

"because feelings, when you can't understand them, are quite scary. One second, she's just a random girl, and the next, she's your every day. That's why in the end, Heejin decided to take the step, because she understands what she feels"

"or how Yeji, as rational and realistic as she is, is still sticking with Jisu even if she's not sure if the girl will choose her in the end"