Spoilers pt. 2??

"you... Can't really do that" Yeji stated out loud to the distressed mother who looked down and gripped her leather handbag, feeling frustrated about something that was starting to be out of her control.

"it isn't healthy anymore. I hope you know the importance of understanding each other" the lack of response from Jimin caused the therapist to lean back on her chair, hearing it creak before she fiddles with her pen.

It's the same old marital issues anyway.

"your wife doesn't physically hurt you, does she?" Jimin shook her head, no sign of hesitation, no frantic seeking for any emotional relief. Meaning that her wife is at her gentlest manners around her, despite the arousing disputes between them.

"sometimes I wish she would just hit me" Yeji pursed her lips, observing the mother's body language as her lower lip quivered and it dawns upon the therapist that this may be the only time she's ever releasing her bottled frustration over her failing marriage.

That's the reason why they're here again, Jimin wants to cool off and to fix whatever is wrong with her to go on with this crumbling marriage that started becoming a burden.

"is she having affairs?" Jimin shakes her head, only shifting on her seat and Yeji catches on how she stiffens for a moment before blurting out another question.

"do you think she's having affairs?"

"sometimes I wish she would" Yeji nods and jots this down on her notebook. Jimin didn't have an ounce of regret after saying those detrimental words that could have the possibility of being true, but it just shows that she's also exhausted from dealing with her wife everyday.

And it's beginning to be clear that there's barely anything in this marriage to salvage and to hold onto, which saddens Yeji more than it should.

"does divorce scare you?" she decided to dive head on about one of the strongest possibilities this could lead to, and it elicits a reaction from Jimin that conveyed her surprise, as if she had been avoiding that thought for so long.

Because she has been doing so.

"I'm sorry?"

"divorce. You can make do of whatever you have- even if none of you have had abusive behaviors or infidelity, you can take this to court and severe the marriage contract" Yeji elaborates to Jimin whose surprise almost convinces the therapist that this is her first time hearing of that word.

"I-I..."

"I still don't want to give it up..." Jimin was hesitant, but she seemed to be firm on this belief. Whatever her reasons are behind tolerating something that is beyond saving.

"why so?"

"we have 2 children" Yeji is only hearing about this right now, so it does surprise her and piques her curiosity about how much her children contributes to her drive of wanting to continue being the wife of someone she used to know.

"how old are they?"

"teenagers" Jimin looks up from her tangled hands after a few minutes of the therapist remaining silent, seeing as the latter seemed to be in deep thought.

"I think this is something you and your wife should talk about, because you can't be keeping these feelings about her, it'll only do more damage to what you already have" Jimin was silent, looking down, seemingly conflicted. Due to how things are at home- if she could even call it that- her wife decided to stop listening to her and just argue.

It's difficult considering that their children aren't dumb and are catching to how they have just stopped tolerating each other.

"I think so too..."

"perfect! Amazing! Let's take 5!" Yizhuo exclaimed.

Then she proceeds to break the fourth wall and turns to wink at the readers who are now curious.