33

Uchinaga Aeri
active now

"she's not coming" Ryujin ran back into the room full of worried people, Yizhuo stands up from her seat, walking back and forth while she tried to figure things out.

"I can't believe she ditched us" Heejin sighs, trying to hold herself back from being angry. Rarely does any of them back out without a reasonable excuse, but now, Yeji just turned her back on them without a head's up.

"what are we gonna do? We need her since we've only brought the piano for this" Aeri brought up, all of them worried that they would perform without their leader who held these acoustic performances together.

"can't you just play without a piano?" the group looked over at Yizhuo as if she's crazy, causing her to shut up.

"we've divided the group into units where she'll be playing for us, but look at us right now" Minjeong explains, causing Yizhuo to try to come up with a solution.

They all arrived at the roller rink a few minutes ago, expecting Yeji's appearance since Ryujin had brought in her piano for this special moment. Yet she's absent from it all for unknown reasons.

They can't even conclude that it's because of Jisu since the girl is with Chaeryeong and Yuna, doing their own thing.

It's a mess to be without a leader.

And only then did they realize the significance of Yeji's role in their band.

"and none of you knows how to play?" all of them shook their heads.

"no guitars?"

"we have, but we didn't bring the cables for it. And we don't have the amplifiers for it" Yizhuo was reeling in some ideas in her head since she's the manager and she should be prepared for times like this.

Minjeong has brought in her laptop that they always used to enhance the sounds into the speaker system, they also have the piano but no pianist.

"what song are you playing?" she asked.

"what? Do you need the lineup for something?" Ryujin questioned but Yizhuo shook her head.

"I'm playing, so you better give me the lineup or you're going there without a performance" the group looked at each other worried, but Aeri handed over the lineup sheet along with the chords and some important details as to how it would be played that Yeji had taken note of.

Because Aeri knows more than anyone to never doubt manager-nim.

If manager-nim managed to scam Hwang Yeji off her money, then she can play the piano.

In Ning Yizhuo, they must believe.

Ryujin and Heejin sandwiched Aeri, both nudging her aggressively with that look on their faces.

"shut up!"

"but you're going first" Heejin teased, nudging her once more before Aeri realized everything a little too late.

⬥⬥⬥

Yizhuo starts with the intro that Yeji had constructed, silently thanking and cursing the leader for writing down her chords and intros but also because she ditched them last minute.