34

Yoo Jimin
active now

"now I know why people always told you that you're pretending to be busy" Chaeryeong stated as she entered the room with the box full of documents that Jisu instructed her to transport. There's not much major events for the month, but Jisu is telling them to prepare a little theme for the winter games.

Chaeryeong remembered how Chan suggested that they print a large cutout of Minjeong's face as the banner for the winter games, but also took note of how distant and tired Jimin looked.

Just like now.

"I'm not pretending, I'm actually busy" Chaeryeong sighs, dropping the heavy box next to Jimin who jolted up from her seat in surprise.

"right, you offered to take half of Jisu's work for the next 7 months, and when she rejected, you took half of mine, and the tasks you took are the ones requiring a lot of revisions" Chaeryeong enumerated before dragging a chair to sit next to the troubled girl.

"you're being ridiculous, you know? Overthinking is one thing, but overworking is another"

"you don't understand"

"you're right, I don't. But from what I can see, overworking yourself isn't going to get your mind off her. And the more you realize that it's futile, the more you're going to work, that's not healthy" Jimin clenched her jaw, knowing that Chaeryeong is indeed correct.

Chaeryeong knows she's correct as her experience of being a third wheeler had earned her some insight at how people behave.

"I just..." Jimin sighs, placing her pen down in frustration.

"I don't like that it's her. A crush... That's good enough, but falling in love? I can't... I can't afford to do that" Jimin looked at her in frustration, because she knows how it feels to be unknowingly rejected, and all these girls flocking over to Minjeong because of their growing fame as Yizhuo's band?

It's too frustrating.

"but you can't run away from it. The heart can't choose who to love, and you have to admit that it's the distance that brought her to you, you don't want distance to be the same thing that drives her away from you"

⬥⬥⬥