49

Yoo Jimin
active now

Finally, the Christmas party. The dance practice room decorated with red and white, it wasn't too extravagant as they kept it simple. There's a Christmas tree at the corner, it wasn't too large since after today they'll be storing it back in the student council office.

Everyone is looking happy while Jimin was fiddling with her thumbs, a little nervous as she looked around for the band who wasn't here even if Yizhuo is around. The councillors were the first to arrive to do some touch ups and to make sure everything is well and done.

This should be the least of her worries since she has 3 more to go to.

Once everyone had arrived, anyone can tell since the room suddenly got rowdy, they proceeded with the party.

"alright, let's welcome the procrastinators for a short performance" the band didn't bring the big instruments, only a few guitars and a beat box for this. Jimin still couldn't keep her nerves even after the band started playing an acoustic cover of 'oh really.', which reminded her of how they were back then.

And after that they also did a short dance number that probably was choreographed by one of them, but Jimin couldn't concentrate. Because she's nervous.

"unnie?" Yuna snapped her out of her reverie.

"huh?"

"we're on"

Both her and Yuna step back to continue their hosting duties.

"ahh, what a refreshing setup for a refreshing song by our school's beloved" Yuna emphasizes while the band chuckles, they're the one bringing the cheers and hollers since some people make it too awkward by how silent they are.

"really. After hearing that song, I think I'm craving for some milkshakes" Jimin stated, rubbing her stomach as some of the guys immediately exclaimed their invitations to get some milkshake with her.

But that's not the point since Jimin has her eyes on the band who started teasing Minjeong who had covered her face in embarrassment, that's how everything started anyway.

"oh really, unnie? What a specific craving" Yuna states, sounding a little superficial but still managed with their little skit.

"yea. Maybe someone would want to take me out to get milkshakes..." she paused, the guys in the room started cheering, causing her to mentally roll her eyes but still kept her act up.

"hm, Winter Kim?" she called out.

"oh!"

"Winter! Winter! Winter!" the group chanted boisterously as their little friend blushed madly at the sudden bold invitation.

"maybe a little more than a milkshake?" Jimin is even embarrassed to say this in public, but she carries through with it.

"woah!"

"this is a kid friendly channel!"

"yay, Winter be getting it!"

⬥⬥⬥

The council party passed quickly since everyone was drained from the main one, where they just exchanged gifts right here. Which leads them to the sleepover squad, just the four of them where there's no big occasions since they're setting the mood up for the upcoming party after this.

The sleepover squad is just a decoy for the band to start preparing their own little hangout room for the surprise party.

So while they're at it, the three made sure to talk a lot so that Minjeong would get her mind off the band and her birthday.

From simple things like telling funny stories from their time as a band or as a part of the council, or even their accidental encounters before because of some troublesome behavior from the band who kept going to the 'off limits' room beside the detention room, until Yeji shamed them all by buying the room herself and paying the rent for the band's leisure.

It was fun but Jimin still remained nervous because now, is their cue to get Minjeong to the room.

"ah, I think I'm gonna take a shit from all the food" Aeri announced, causing the others to be disgusted by her blunt statement as she exited the room. And that's the cue.

"I think I'm gonna go home now since I'm pretty bored and tired after our Christmas party" Yizhuo stated. She and Yuna were the only ones who had a separate party from the group since they're a level lower than all of them.

"actually, me too. I have a lot of gifts from the party I left at my locker, want to help me get it?" Jimin invited as Minjeong stood up without any other words, wanting to know what that Jeno guy actually got Jimin.

And as they walked down the halls, some littered with people who had just finished celebrating. But a little more empty compared to when there were classes.

It was quiet, and Jimin noticed how Minjeong pursed her lips, which was a sign that she's being tight-lipped about something that bothered her.

What she didn't know is Minjeong is a little disappointed that Jimin and Yizhuo won't get to join their little event where they exchange gifts, meaning that she won't be able to give Jimin the gift she's been pondering about.

Unknown to Minjeong is that the little event she and the band planned is the surprise birthday party for her, and that there won't be any gift giving aside from her and Jimin, and also from the others who insisted on giving the puppy a gift.

"you alright?" Jimin spoke after they arrived by her locker, the former punching in the code and opening her locker, blocking her view of Minjeong which was good since she nipped on her lower lip as she held onto a little pink card.

"yea. Just sad since the day ended so quickly" Jimin bites back a smile, not wanting Minjeong to see her like that since it'll blow their cover.

"anyway, I wanna see what Jeno got you" Minjeong tried peeking at her locker, and this is one of the few times when Jimin praised her parents for giving her height since she was able to block the puppy's sight, leaving her completely curious as to what Jeno got her.

But that's not what they really came here for.

"actually... I got you a little something" Jimin immediately shut her locker before Minjeong got a peek of it, turning around to see the latter who had an expression that was curious.

Her cute little curious puppy.

"really?"

"yea, since I won't be able to see you in a few weeks and, you know, I'd miss your birthday" she handed over the pink card that she decorated with doodles and some hearts, making her feel embarrassed at her art skills.

"ooh~" Minjeong reacted, but Jimin couldn't deny the spark of amusement in her eyes. Even if Jimin had just given her a little paper which isn't that valuable.

"but you could only open it once we get home" Jimin warns her which caused her expression to drop, sensing the whining fit from the puppy, the former was quick to stop her before anything else.

"I swear. It'll be worth it, ok?"

"ok"

"now let's go"

"but your gift-"

"let's go"