10. Couch

Spencer's POV

I cut the engine and lightly shook JJ. "JJ, we're here."

JJ jolted forward. "Huh."

I leaned back from her as JJ's arms flailed in the air, almost hitting me. "Your house." I pointed out the window at her house.

JJ swiped her hair back from her face. "Oh, right, yeah."

JJ fished around in her bag looking for her keys.

I sighed and climbed out the car, circling around to her side. I opened the door and held my hand out for her. "Come on. I'll walk you in."

JJ placed her in mine, and I tugged her towards me, guiding her form the car.

She stumbled over her own feet. I wrapped my arm around JJ's waist and guided her up the path and to her front door. I untangled her keys from her fingertips and unlocked the door.

I followed JJ through the house, supervising her as she unarmed the alarm and illuminated the living room and ended my collapsing onto the couch.

I lightly shook my head and crouched down beside her. I slipped her shoes off her feet and stood them up beside the couch.

"I'm going to go now JJ."

"No," she whined. She grasped my hand preventing me from turning away. "Stay please." She jerked her arm back pulling me down onto the couch. She wrapped her arm across my body, rested her head on my chest and slung her leg on top of mine.

"You need to sleep JJ." I attempted to untangle her from me.

"I am." JJ resisted my movements.

"In your bed," I clarified.

"No. This is comfortable." She pressed more of her weight onto me.

"Maybe for you." I sighed.

JJ lifted her head, resting her chin on my chest. Her eyes locked with mine. She moved in closer, her grip scrunching my shirt. I froze not moving a millimetre as JJ's face creeped closer to mine. My eyes fixed to the blush pink of her lip. Unconsciously, I licked my lips. I assume JJ took that as a sign and pressed her soft lips against mine. My heart began to beat faster. I was sure that JJ could feel the rhythm radiating into her chest. Our lips remained attached, only a gentle push and tug disturbing them. We could have stayed that way forever had we not needed air to breath.

Sucking in cool air was what shoved me into realisation. The trance was broken.

Shit!

What was I doing?

I used my upper body to gently hold JJ back before she leaned in again. I silently pushed her off me and stood up from the couch.

JJ watched me in confusion as I pulled away from her and then she looked away from me altogether.

I hoisted her up from the couch and walked her to her bedroom. I pulled back the covers, gesturing for her to lay down. She did as I instructed, allowing me to drape the blanket over her.

I cleared my throat. "I'll be out there." The awkward tone in my voice did not go unnoticed. JJ rolled over and turned her head away from me.

I slipped out the door, closing it behind me.

My mind was running at 100 miles per hour. It was giving me a migraine.

What in the world just happened?

My muscles went limp, and I feel back onto the couch. I leaned back against the cushions letting my eyes close.