50. Coward

Spencer's POV

"Spencer," Will called after me as we left the building. He looked embarrassed. "It's just a formality, but we do need you to come down to the station.

"I get it," I sighed. I truly did. It was his job. "Simmons, go ahead. I'll catch up with you later."

Matt was reluctant but my reassured exterior gave him permission.

"Can I keep my phone with me?" I asked Will.

He nodded.

All the way to the station I was silent. Will and Detective Cortez seemed take a page out of my book. They didn't utter a word the whole way.

Inside the police department, even at this time of night, the place was packed.

"This way Dr Reid," Dani smiled at me opening the door to an interview room.

I settled down in a chair.

"Ready," Will asked. He waited for my response then pressed the record between.

I knew the questions would be tough, but I needed to get through this for Y/N.

"You said that you and Y/N had a disagreement. Can you explain that please?" Dani stared into my soul.

"Me and Y/N were on a break. Things seemed good at the wedding. The day after we spoke about her and I. And things didn't pan out the way I had wanted."

"Why were you separated?"

I gulped. "She... she saw me with someone else."

Will flinched. He was suspicious.

"She saw you with someone else, as in... infidelity?" Dani pressed further.

I grimaced and nodded.

"Who?"

"It wasn't her." I quickly added.

"Who?" Dani asked again.

I looked down at my hands. "Jennifer Jareau."

The rest of the interview seemed like an outer body experience.

"Do you know anyone that would want to hurt Y/N?"

"No... no. Why would someone..."

Will looked at Dani and they both seemed to be satisfied enough to end the interview.

"Spencer..." Will sighed.

A door opened behind Will and Dani. "We got something."

Both Will and Dani exchanged looks.

"Will you join us Dr Reid?" Dani scrapped her chair back.

"What have they found?" I followed her lead.

"Let's walk and talk."

They had found the camera.

Or should I say cameras.

I stood along with Will and Dani outside Y/N's apartment.

"All the red post marks are where surveillance devices were found." The forensics officer pushed open the door.

Time stood still as I saw the sea of red.

"You can't be serious. All this." Detective Cortez gawped. "Did you know about this?" She asked me.

"This is not Y/N." I stared at the pile of devices that were accumulating on dining table. "Get Garcia on the phone. Now that you have the devices, she might have a way to get into them."