32. Oh Boy

Spencer paced back and forth between the restaurant door and the edge of the sidewalk.

Luke clapped his back as he walked past him. "Not coming in Reid?"

"I am... I am." Spencer stuttered, peering down the street.

"Why are we crowding outside?" JJ appeared behind them and looked in the direction they were looking in too.

Spencer gulped.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out," Luke tutted.

"You guys' head in. I'm just waiting..."

"Couldn't even pick up Y/N," Rossi disapproved as he padded towards the restaurant door with Krystal on his arm.

Dipped car lights shone onto them. Y/n stepped out the car, ironing out her trousers as she did.

Spencer strode over to her, taking her hand as stepped up onto the pavement. "You made it," he nervously giggled.

"You invited me," Y/N reminded him.

Spencer tugged on his lip with his teeth, her sarcasm going over his head. "You want something," he speculated.

Y/N nodded. "I'm just ready to eat." Y/N's blinked slowly.

Spencer frowned analysing Y/N's body language. "Are you feeling unwell?"

"No," Y/N whispered, blinking faster now.

Spencer knew she was lying. "Are you sur..." But Spencer was interrupted.

"What are you two whispering about?" Luke shouted across to them.

"Nothing." Y/N rushed to answer.

"Coming," Spencer finished her statement.

"Come on then. Do you want to eat out here?" Luke dramatically waved his arms around as Krystal shushed him.

Spencer rested his hand on Y/N's lower back, turning back to head into back to join the group. As he swivelled back to the group Spencer caught JJ melting towards the back, avoiding eye contact with him as she eyed up the hand on Y/N's back. Spencer snatched it back and slid his hand into his pocket, walking side by side with Y/N.

After greeting everyone they all headed inside meeting the other inside.

Spencer held out the chair beside him for Y/N, waiting for her to sit.

"Awww, so gentlemanly," Penelope gushed. "Why don't you hold out my chair," she retorted to Luke.

JJ sat opposite Spencer, staring at her place setting in silence.

Spencer avoided eye contact with her, focusing his attention on anything else.

Conversation flowed. But not JJ who sat in silence playing with her fork.

The only time she spoke was when the waiter came around to take their order.

The waiter got to Spencer, and he turned to Y/N, find her resting her chin in her hand, her eyes closing.

Spencer gently nudged her. "I'm going to take you home."

"I'm fine,' she insisted.

"You're probably dehydrated. What do you want to drink?"

"Just some water."

Spencer took her hand under the table and ordered for her.

"Come on stuff like that happens in the movies Garcia not in real life," Luke jeered as Matt tried to settle him down. Penelope was listing her fairy tale fantasies.

"No, apparently that only happens to Reid." Matt chuckled.

Kristy leaned forward. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, you don't know." Now Penelope leaned forward.

"Know what?"

"Spencer met Y/N when he dropped a book on her head at a bookstore."

Spencer looked down uncomfortably. It was strange hearing about his relationship with Y/N when JJ sat across form him.

"Wait, let me get this straight. The first time you met Y/N you hurt her. And she is still with you." Kristy did the maths in her head.

"let's hope he doens't hurt her again," Rossi concluded.

"Yeah," Emily scoffed, taking a big swig of her drink.

Emily was met with glares from Spencer and JJ.

"Let's go onto the rooftop," Emily interjected to change the topic. "They lights look amazing at this time."

That's how they all ended up gathered together, peering over the glass railing.

Y/N huddled into Spencer's side. Her single tingled because if the cold breeze.

Silently, Spencer shrugged off his jacket and draped it over her shoulders, then pulled her back to his side so she would retain heat form his body and the jacket.

Behind them JJ, slammed her glass down on the table and uncomfortably rushed out.

"I'll check on her," Spencer Informed them all, rushing after her.

"Oh boy," Emily put her weight on the railing.

.........................................................................

I'm too excited all because of @reidmismatchingsock lovely comment. Thank you