71. Circle

Spencer's POV

Time stood still as I watch Y/n's head swing forward as she came to. She groaned as she came to consciousness.

Her eyes fluttered in recognition as her gaze landed on me. "Spencer?" She reached out for me. Her hand on my cheek. Checking that I was real.

"Hey," I cooed. I placed my hand over her hand "It's okay. You're going to be okay."

She blinked at me. She was still unsure if I was real.

"That's enough." Ben startled me. "Back over there Reid. Don't make me say it again." He pulled back my shoulder and shoved me towards the other seat.

Ben's violent shove, put Y/N back on edge.

"Y/N?" I called out, as Ben handcuffed me to the chair. She continued to be frazzled and unsettled. She winced more than I did as the metal grinded together, tightly around my wrists. "Hey, Y/N... Look at me. Look at me," I soothed. I waited until she set her eyes on mine. "You're alright. Everything is going to be fine."

She was still zoning out, but she nodded.

Ben chortled. "Don't let me stop me." He sank back into the shadows, disappearing into the dark.

I cleared my throat. "Are you alright?"

She gulped; her eyes fixed on the area that Ben had escaped into. "Yeah," she whispered, but her forehead creased from the pain.

"Any dizziness, blurred vision, black spots?"

Y/N shook her head her head hanging.

We sat in silence, for what felt like an eternity but was no more than a couple of minutes. "What are you thinking about?"

She didn't respond.

"Y/N. Please."

"Nothing," she mumbled.

"Y/N?"

She sighed, rubbing her cheek on her shoulder to catch her tears before she thought I could see them. "I don't know anymore."

"Y/n? I know this isn't exactly the time, but I can't live with myself if I don't say this now. But... I really am sorry. I made the biggest mistake of my life. I... can't imagine not coming home and you being there. Because you are my home. And it took me too long to realise it."

"Spencer... I can't deal with this right now. Please just... stop."

I pressed my lips together tightly. "Are you leaving?"

Y/N clenched her jaw. "It doesn't matter."

"So, you were. That's why you were going to sell. You want to leave." I couldn't hide the hurt.

"It doesn't matter now." Her fists clenched in her restraints.

"I don't want you to leave Y/N." I looked down at my hands, wrapped in metal.

"Don't... don't do that." Her hands gripped around the arm rest.

"Do what?"

"Act like you care." There were streaks of shine on her cheeks where her tears had rolled down.

"I do care." I tried to lean forward but the cold metal restricted me. "You were always afraid of someone betraying you never put yourself in the position to let that happen. But with me you let your guard down. And I couldn't be more grateful. But now you feel like it was all for nothing."