31. Visitor

Y/N's POV

"Hair down," Faye spluttered through the popcorn she was cramming into her mouth.

"Are you sure you're, okay? I can stay," I offered. Faye had been having a quarter life crisis.

"No, no. Just go. No point us both being stuck inside." Her face pulled into a puppy dog expression.

I dropped my hand and placed them on my hips as I watched her reflection in the mirror. I opened my mouth but instead of hearing my voice I heard a knock.

Faye jumped up from the couch, spilling crumbs onto the floor. "I'll get it." She scurried over before I could stop her. I wasn't expecting anyone. "He's early," Faye exclaimed. "What a gentleman."

But she was mistaken. Spencer wasn't supposed to be picking me up. I said I would make my own way there.

She pulled open the door, swinging her head over her shoulder to face me as I aligned myself to see the doorway. "You're early Dr Reid. Lucky for you she's already ready and looks great as always."

I narrowed my eyes at the figure at the door that wasn't my boyfriend like my neighbour thought.

"Yes, she does." Ben Kingsley stood in the doorway, looking me up and down over Faye's shoulder.

Faye's had snapped forward to identify the unfamiliar voice. "Oh."

I slowly approached the door as Faye threw me wide eyed glances. "Can I help you?"

Ben leaned against the door frame. "Have you reconsidered."

I rolled my eyes. "No," I sighed. "And I'm not going to. So, I would appreciate it if you stopped asking." I turned around picked up my coat.

"Okay..." Ben licked his lips. "How about dinner?"

I folded my arms across my chest and leaned against the countertop, frowning.

"For all the inconvenience I caused," Ben reiterated.

I exhaled deeply, puffing out my lips. I dropped my arms and carried myself towards the door. "No thanks." I squeezed Faye's. "I'll see you later. Dinners in the oven. Desserts in the fridge. Make sure you eat."

Faye nodded, but her eyes were trained on Ben and his actions.

I stepped up to the doorway, indicating for Ben to move out the way.

"I'll walk you down," he offered.

"That's not necessary." I brushed past him as I left.

"You're hot." He cleared his throat as I gave him and alarmed look. "I mean you're really warm. Do you have a fever?" He reached out to touch my cheek.

I staggered backwards, out of his reach. "I'm fine." I looked over my shoulder. "Bye Faye. Excuse me," I whispered, walking past Ben's shoulders.