17. Hotel

Spencer's POV

I trudged over to the door, tossing my phone on the bed. My entire body felt heavy.

But the knocks at the door persisted, growing more aggressive as I got closer.

"I'm coming... I'm coming," I called out to get them to stop. But they didn't.

I yanked open the door to find JJ flying towards me. She collided with me, knocking the air out my lungs. She squeezed me tight. So tight that my breathing was laboured.

"You're okay," she sighed into my neck. Her hair draped over me tickling my face. "You're okay. When I found out I... I just couldn't... Couldn't imagine." JJ shuddered against me. "I thought the worst," she sobbed.

She was speaking so much that I couldn't get a word in edgeways.

"Where are you hurt?" She jolted a couple of inches back from me. Her eyes rested on the bandages on my arm. "Is it painful?" She implored as her fingertips dug into me, clenching at the thought of the pain.

"Ow."

"Sorry." She released me as she apologised. "I... I was just so worried." JJ made her own way into my room. "When Emily told me, I had to come as soon as I could."

I closed the door, pacing back into the centre of the room.

I awkwardly watched her, as she shifted on the spot. I couldn't look at her properly. My eyes just involuntarily fell to her lips.

Suddenly, JJ's eyes widened. "Your arm is bleeding."

"Huh?" I looked down and saw the blood beginning to seep through bandages. "Oh. They gave me bandages to change it." I peered down at my arm, then sighed to collect the packet the paramedic provided me with. I sat down on the edge of the bed, attempting to open the materials.

"Let me do it," JJ sighed after watching me fumble about for a few minutes.

She sat down beside me; her leg pressed to mine. She began to assess the damage to my arm.

"You... er... might to... err." JJ waved her hand trying to hint to mw with hand gestures.

I looked at her in confusion not understanding what she meant.

"You might need to slip your arm out of your shirt." She cleared her throat as she told me.

To be fair, it would make it easier. I slowly unbutton my shirt. "Megan, she thought it was her fault." I tried to start a conversation with JJ to distract myself.

"It's not."

"That's what I told her." I shrugged off my shirt.

JJ started to unwrap my wound. Her cold fingertips grazing my skin.

I stayed silent as she cleaned my arm and wrapped it back up.

I was so zoned out I didn't register that she had finished wrapping up my arm. That was until I felt her cold hands leave my skin.

"Thanks," I muttered. My arm was hurting as much as I tried to hide it. It was blanketing me in fatigue. I stood up from the bed and walked over to the desk. In the mirror I could see JJ's watching me as I walked away.

"You have bruises on your back," she frowned.

"Where?" I asked in confusion, twisting my body to take a look.

Then JJ's hand met my skin again, creating a searing sensation. She dragged her fingertips over the affected area. "Here?" she whispered. My skin throbbed under her touch. But my heart was palpitating too hard for me to pay attention to it.

I spun around, so that JJ was no longer in contact with me. But the pull was too much. I stared down into her eyes and seconds later my lips were on hers. They tasted just how I remembered.

I lifted her up and she naturally hooked her lips around my waist.

I walked her to the bed, tumbling down onto it, causing my phone to drop to the floor. I ignore it. The scent of JJ was too intoxicating.

I leaned over her, my weight applying pressure on her, while we were still attached at the lips.

JJ sprung energy into me that I didn't know I had.

We were sprawled in the sheets, our naked bodies rocking against one another. There was nothing I had ever wanted more. Being just friends with JJ had satiated me for a while but until this moment I didn't know how deprived I really was.

Me and JJ.

One at last.