55. MOOD

Spencer's POV

I managed to bring Faye back to the BAU.

It wasn't an easy task.

But everyone was relieved that I did. They did not need Faye rocking the boat. They were busy scouring flight manifests, CCTV footage and questioning residents in the building. They were just as on edge as I was.

A weary Rossi trudged through the office. "Someone must of seen something. There are only two sets of lifts in the building. If they drove out, they had to turn right. The whole street is lined with cameras. We're missing something." He went quite when he saw me.

Matt and Luke looked tired too.

"We've looked at every camera and Garcia has run facial rec to see if Y/N was potted anywhere with the 48 consecutive states. And nothing." Luke leaned back in his chair.

"Where is everyone else?" Rossi asked.

"Garcia is in her office. Emily is contacting Interpol to see if they can do anything to help. Tara's running going over the unsub's call to Reid again. JJ went to the apartment to see keep in the loop with DCPD."

Rossi glared at me at the mention of JJ.

"I'm going to speak to Garcia." I made my speedy exit.

I had something other things on my mind.

"Garcia," I announced as I entered the room.

"AH," she jumped as I bolted in.

"Sorry," I apologised pulling up a chair next to hers.

"It's fine. I'm just tunnel visioning," she shuddered.

"So, you don't mind showing me something for a minute."

"What do you need?"

"Can you show me the footage from outside Y/N's apartment again."

"Uh, yeah, sure." Garcia slide her chair across and adjusted the screen so I could see it clearly. "What are you looking for?"

"Fast forward to when Bethan Kingsley went to the apartment."

We silently watched each frame.

Bethan was glued to her phone as she trapsed through the hallway in her bright pink hoodie. You couldn't miss her. She knocked the door and waited. Approximately 45 seconds later, Y/N slowly opened the door, her wet hair although pixelated it was visible. Y/N looked confused. It was obvious she didn't recognise Bethan.

They talk for a moment and then Y/N lets Bethan in.

Around fifteen minutes later Bethan emerged from the apartment and headed towards the elevator where she bumped into Ben, who after talking to Bethan for less than two minutes, raced down the hallway, knocking the door. Then he turned the handle.

"Did he just let himself in?" Garcia peered at the screen intently.

"Hmmm. Can you back it up please...? Now stop." I pressed my face close to the screen, examining it carefully. "Do you think the something is strange here."

"What do you mean?" Garcia adjusted her glasses.

"Ben looks... anxious... not sociopathic... I don't know." I tapped through each frame.

"Got anything," Luke leaned against the table and Rossi stood behind us.

"Look at these two clips." I got Garcia to play the clip of Bethan arriving at the apartment and then of her leaving.

"The mood is of the two clips is odd," Rossi mumbled.

"That's what I thought. They are almost juxtaposing. The cadence, the speed, the posture. It's like two different people. She shouldn't change that quickly," But how could that be. What did Y/N say that changed Bethan's demeanour so much?

I turned to Garcia. "You know the recording devices that were hidden in Y/N's apartment. Can you access the data logs?"

Garcia nodded. "They are encrypted. I can try run them through some programmes and see if I can crack them and clean them up."

Emily was out of breath as she poked her head through the door. "We might have something." She motioned her head to follow her.

We all shuffled after her.

"DCPD detectives might be onto something. They checked Benjamin Kingsley's alibi and it appears somethings aren't adding up, and they have a witness."

My eyes flickered to Emily in bewilderment.

"They are bringing Kingsley in." Emily locked eyes with me. "Wanna sit in?"

"Obviously." I replied.

I wasn't sure which way this would go. But I needed all the puzzle pieces to complete the picture.