68. No one home

Spencer's POV

"We can't find them," Matt was out of breath as he breathed though the phone.

"What do you mean?" I blurted out. Ever since they had gone to bring in Ben and Bethan I had been on edge. To my dismay Emily didn't let me go. She said I was too close.

"There was no one at home. I checked with neighbours, friends and work. It looks like they cleared out in a rush." JJ took over the call. "Their place is deserted. It looks like they packed essentials and left."

"Let's put out an APB. We need to take Bethan and Benjamin into custody. And Garcia... we got the warrant. See what you can find." Emily delegated.

Penelope rushed away to her office to begin her dig.

Rossi voice was hushed and grave. "If they are clearing out it's not looking good for Y/N."

I tried to block him out. I knew I could figure this out. We are within reach of Y/N I can feel it. I just need to figure out where Ben took her.

"Garcia," I shouted, praying she could hear me as I rifled through my desk. "All the devices have stayed predominately in the block that Y/N lives on right?"

Penelope rolled her chair to her doorway. "Yeah. How do you know?"

I turned to Emily. "Get a canine unit. She's still in the building."

I was blinked at gormlessly by everyone. It didn't set in for them until they saw holstering my gun and pulling on my vest.

Before long we were all piled into SUV's and were speeding down the highway. The car was abuzz with chatter.

Emily was coordinating with Will. Matt was contacting SWAT. Luke was liaising with the canine unit. I was the only one sat in silence. I'm not sure if I believe in a God, but nevertheless I was praying that I would be near Y/N soon.

I hopped out the SUV and was relieved to see that my hunch was being investigated properly. The DCPD were already cordoning off the block and the units and remote base were being set up.

"Spencer, how sure are you about this?" Will asked. "We have searched this building when we did the forensic sweep already."

"I'm sure Will. This building has a lot of areas that we don't know about that were blocked off. But seeing as Kingsley owns the building, he would know about them. Like he knew about the service route."

"The dogs are being prepped now. The building is quite large. It could take some time. But if there is something to find. We will find it." Will gave me a reassuring nod.

But the wait was pain staking. All we could do was wait. I hated every second of it.

We all huddled in the freezing cold of the night. Condensation escaping our lips with every breath, word and yawn.

"Do you want to see the news station?" JJ angled the screen from inside the remote unit so that we could all see it. She had broken the story to them.

"The latest on the disappearance of Y/F/N Y/L/N. The police and FBI have issued an official APB. The DCPD have named Benjamin Kingsley and Bethan Kingsley as persons of interest in the disappearance. If you have any information regarding the disappearance, contact the tip line listed on the screen."

Images of Y/N, Ben and Bethan flashed on the screen.

"Incoming transmission from the building," an officer yelled out. "He wants to speak to Dr Reid."

"Get Garcia to record it and tap in." Emily instructed Luke to tell Penelope. "See if she can get some voice recognition software on it. Reid..."

"I know, I know. Keep him talking." I motioned for the phone like a child clutching for their favourite toy. "Dr Reid speaking."

....................................................................

Is anyone using the new text to speech feature on Wattpad? I want to know you thoughts.