63. Enough

Spencer's POV

My heart stopped momentarily. And then it went into overdrive. Without waiting for anyone, I raced down the hall, the Officer trying to keep up behind me.

"Here Dr Reid," the Officer yelled as I skid past the desk with phone off the hook.

The sheer panic exuding from us sent the rest of the occupants in the room into a self-imposed silence.

I leaned over the desk, clutching the phone, "Hello?" Unable to hide the urgency I felt. "Y/N?"

"Spence?" She whispered. Her voice was different, but I could still tell that it was her. She sounded tired, but oddly not as frightened as I had assumed. I suppose Y/N always was resilient.

"You're okay," I exhaled.

"I want to come home," she mumbled. Was she drugged? Her voice had slurred nuisances.

"So do I. Where are you?"

"Spencer?"

I think she was in and out of consciousness. "Y/N... Y/N, can you hear me?"

"Are you going to find me?" In the silence I could hear her shallow breaths.

"Of course, I am. Y/N, I need you to focus. What can you see?" I was praying that she would get a second a wind.

"I'm sad."

"I know Y/N." My eyes itched as my tears came to the surface.

But her next statement surprised me. "Why wasn't I enough Spen?"

"What?" I denied. "You are. Why are you saying this? We are going to find you."

"But you didn't want me," she sobbed.

Oh... I then realised we weren't talking about her current situation at all. "You always have been and you always will be. You'll see when you get back."

"If I get back."

"YOU WILL." M volume peaked. I caught myself. "You will."

"Are you going to come and get me?"

"Whatever I have to do I will do. But for now. What happened? Who did this?"

It appeared as if the whole station was trickling into the room to see what was happening.

A dry chuckle interrupted me. Y/N gasped as it sounded like the phone was snatched from her. "Nice show, Dr Reid. I sincerely enjoyed it."

"I want to speak to Y/N." I demanded.

"And why do you think I care what you want?"

"What do you want then?" I implored. This conversation wasn't getting anywhere. I may as well probe to see what I can get.

"From you? Nothing. I already, technically, have what I want."

"What do you mean?" I already knew but had to ask anyhow.

"I have Y/N."

"She's not yours," I gritted through my teeth

"Not yet but... soon." He seemed too happy with himself. It irked me.

I had to change my tactic. Asking him what he wanted wasn't helping. I had to provoke him. "Your infatuated with her."

"I would disagree with that." His anger was building.

"You say you love her but you're hurting her. What have you given her? Can you please " I spat back.

"So did you."

"What! That is not the same thing."

"It hurt all the same though, doesn't it?" He was goading me. Then there was silence.

"Damn it," I slammed my fist on the table. "He's wasting our time. We are never going to get anywhere like this. We need to start again. Go over everything again. We are playing right into his hand. We've missed something. I'm sure of it."

Everyone watched on as I ranted away.

"Reid. I think you need to take a minute." Luke has walked in on the commotion

"NOOOOO!"

"Okay, okay... calm down." He glanced between Emily and Rossi. "I'll get everything set up at the BAU."