Untitled Part 29

Today , I went to Darby to just go shoot around for a little. 

But since as of a late I've been hurt , physically and a little mentally , its been different. I haven't really been able to truly focus solely on just shooting and playing basketball how I've wanted to. Maybe it's because something is blocking my mental state and something is holding me back not being able to truly break through and just shine like I know I can. 

Today , it was a pestering thought that just wouldn't leave my mind. Some random dude just pulled up to the same court that I was at , and usually I don't mind it , because its day time and there's usually other people around and it's a different vibe. But since it was already around 8 in the night and pretty damn dark , I was just kind of sketched out. More annoyed than anything because there was two other courts that were free and unused but he just decided to shoot on the same court as me. It was just another thing that I had to worry about while I'm trying to do something that allows me to relax , feel calm , and be free. The thing that kept on lingering in my head though , was that this guy was either going to try and sucker punch me from the side or try some sketchy ass shit and try to take my bag or shoes. And I just couldn't get this thought out of my head the whole moment that I was there. I just hate the fact that my mind continued to be concerned about him and I couldn't just do what I loved out there. Although I was alert , I acted as if I was just ignoring him and tuned out to the music that was playing in my right ear. 

After I finished my workout , I put my chucks back on and packed my stuff up. Then he decided to engage in a quick conversation. I decided to let my guard down for a bit and talk back to him. I guess now I feel a bit better that I did that , even though I had a strange gut feeling about him the whole time. I know they say don't judge a book by its cover. But this wasn't even the case at all. My mind has just been in a different zone as of late. And my guard has been pretty damn high up. I hope this can change for me and I can just attract more positive things. A better mind state. A more positive lifestyle. A healthier mind , body , and soul.